Gas scale hydro 82U55 Miss Houston

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

P THOMAS

Supporting Member
Vendor
Had a nice day at St Louis Holton park for testing the Miss Houston and T boat Miss US.

album pictures

https://www.intlwaters.com/gallery/displayimage.php?album=1116&pos=35

https://www.intlwaters.com/gallery/displayimage.php?album=1078&pos=9

Testing today in Decatur Boat ran well, saw 64 mph on a 2716 prop. have some work to do on props and strut settings but the boat handles well. have to work on the 2.4 fasst antenna it was gettting fail safe shutdowns at the end of the lake. Didnt see that at Holton lake standing in the middle of the course.

Phil...

Put me on the list for a glass kit when you have them ready.. I want to be in line because others will chiming in soon..What motor are you running in the video?

Marty

Marty, That is one of my laser cut kits. Phil, as far as I know is only planning on doing the cowling...is that right Phil?

That thing is sick by the way! Great speeds! Mike

Phil...Put me on the list for a glass kit when you have them ready.. I want to be in line because others will chiming in soon..What motor are you running in the video?

Marty
Marty, That is one of my laser cut kits. Phil, as far as I know is only planning on doing the cowling...is that right Phil?
Mike I ran a 64mph with a 2716 prop. In the video it was reading 55-56 with a smaller 3 blade 6718 I think.

I have a short video from last week running in almost whitecaps i have to upload that to Utube too.

It didnt mind the ruff stuff but gusting winds will do it in.

Marty the motor is a CC promod 26 I have a RZ stock to try too. Hey you never know about me and a epoxyglass boat I hate the time it takes to build wood, (sorry mike) By the way Mike has a newer design kit comming to me that is a bit narrower. I plan to build one of those this winter.

I have several requests for cowling parts so that should happen by the first of the year.

Haha, no problem Phil. I just want you to get that cowling out there soon. Lots of guys getting that kit are depending on your services!! I am awaiting your kit. My laser guy ran out of 1/16" ply so its got my orders backed up. Hopefully I can get it your way soon. I am really excited to see your current 8255 runs so good. The updated kit will be a lot better..Lots of changes! Mike

YUP Kevin mod motors are here. Rear exhaust makes installation easier. Can you say JG top end kit 3 times

Phil...Put me on the list for a glass kit when you have them ready.. I want to be in line because others will chiming in soon..What motor are you running in the video?

Marty
Mike I ran a 64mph with a 2716 prop. In the video it was reading 55-56 with a smaller 3 blade 6718 I think.

I have a short video from last week running in almost whitecaps i have to upload that to Utube too.

It didnt mind the ruff stuff but gusting winds will do it in.

Marty the motor is a CC promod 26 I have a RZ stock to try too. Hey you never know about me and a epoxyglass boat I hate the time it takes to build wood, (sorry mike) By the way Mike has a newer design kit comming to me that is a bit narrower. I plan to build one of those this winter.

I have several requests for cowling parts so that should happen by the first of the year.
Phil- Let us know when the cowl is ready.. The stock RZ wont have enough HP to make you happy. I have been running the JG Hemi top ends with aluminum 2 inch band pipe on my RCMK motors. The zero band pipes might get more RPM's but my boats run better with 2inch. Did you weigh the boat yet??

YUP Kevin mod motors are here. Rear exhaust makes installation easier. Can you say JG top end kit 3 times
Hmmm! I like the whole enchilada there @ J&G! I cut the frames out on the Thriftway Too and started fitting them together. The thing is huge!!!! These boats dwarf my 1/8 scales. Guess that is why one needs to spend big $$$$$ on a motor to get them moving along.

Marty the motor is a CC promod 26 I have a RZ stock to try too.
So I just started on a gas scale and I was reading the rules on engines. Do I have it right that the only rule is the displacement is under 26cc???
Kevin- We are using NAMBA GX-1 motor rules in the Northwest, The boats have plenty of power and are running about as fast as the 1/8 scale NITRO boats in heat racing trim.

So I just started on a gas scale and I was reading the rules on engines. Do I have it right that the only rule is the displacement is under 26cc???
Kevin- We are using NAMBA GX-1 motor rules in the Northwest, The boats have plenty of power and are running about as fast as the 1/8 scale NITRO boats in heat racing trim.
Yes Marty I read the rules you have posted on your website before entering into this adventure. My point is, as you pointed out in your post to Phil, a stock motor will not haul the mail. Seems that due to the size of these boats you really need to modify the motors to attain satisfactory speeds. As I read the rules, the only limit to modification seems to be the displacement. I was just trying to confirm I didn't miss anything.

Yes Marty I read the rules you have posted on your website before entering into this adventure. My point is, as you pointed out in your post to Phil, a stock motor will not haul the mail. Seems that due to the size of these boats you really need to modify the motors to attain satisfactory speeds. As I read the rules, the only limit to modification seems to be the displacement. I was just trying to confirm I didn't miss anything.
Correct. The engines must be 26cc or under. I have run a stock Zen in my Tempo VII with a best speed on GPS at 57mph. Switched only the engine (GZ2), same pipe prop (1667) and settings and ran 64mph. Swithched prop (2716) and ran 67mph. I run out of boat at about 64mph (roundnose and 21lbs). My U-95 I hope to see speeds around the 70's. We will see.

I was out there with Phil on Saturday, The boat ran really well considering its limited run time. First run was loose, Typical Phil, he starts out with a shallow strut setting. To be honest, I am probably just as bad at that. He made a strut adjustment and it ran much better. I wish I could have seen Sundays run. It also handled well. It was pretty good out on the course. Ken

Phil

Can you post a picture with your 1/8th Scale, T-Boat, and Gas Scale together so I can see how much larger the Gas Scale is compared to the others. I am trying to decide if I will need a bigger truck to carry all my boats.

The videos were great. I still want to see a few run before I start building mine.

DonB

Don,get Mikey to forward the e-mail I sent him on my T-6 Gas Scale.It has 15 photos including an overhead shot next to my 1/8 scale T-5.These boats are big.My T-6 is 543/8" long 28" wide.Marty S. and I discussed length.It is just within the future anticipated rules .If you wish, you can post my e-mail on IW. Mark Ward and I have been discussing how to fit it in his trailer,which is already packed when we go to races.We will probably build a removeable rack down the center of the trailer.As has been discussed,I will have my RCMK RZ modded before I finsh the boat.

Looking foward to to having this class going next year.

Harvey

Here is a short video of the Columbia Cup Gas Scale Final.

Marty won driving his Oly.

Where do you get Houston? Looks like the BOAT to me har har har
Phil
Can you post a picture with your 1/8th Scale, T-Boat, and Gas Scale together so I can see how much larger the Gas Scale is compared to the others. I am trying to decide if I will need a bigger truck to carry all my boats.

The videos were great. I still want to see a few run before I start building mine.

DonB
Mike I have the Houston grafics, just waiting to finish thrashing out the setup.

Don, the gas scale will be about the same size as a Tboat 51x24. The turbine boats would be bigger Harvey is doing the T6 hull.

I have knocked over several cups of coffee and coke working on this monster. HA

Phil,I know what you mean about knocking over coffee,etc.My workbench is long enough ,but not wide enough for the T-6.I use the floor whenever glued up parts are aligned.

Harvey

Back