gas/oil mix

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chinslip

Hi guys...I have a RCMK rear exhaust. Could you help me out as to the fuel oil mixture for this engine? I was thinking 50/1 with synthetic? Also...will the carburetor need any adjustment?

jims rc boat dock would be a better place to ask that ? i usually mix 6 to 8 ounces per gal. comes out to something like 10 to 1 or something close.

If you ask at Jim's, you'll probably be flamed for not using the search engine. LOL Many threads on the subject. Most people probably run 8 onces to a gallon. Some use 6, some use 10. If the motor is new, run a few tanks/bags of fuel with conventional 2 cycle oil to break in the motor and seat the rings. Then you can switch over to synthetic.

Last edited by a moderator:
8 oz. to a gallon. 16:1 ratio. Runs great.
something i found out about gas the other day.

was told to run shell 87 as it was one of very few to not have ethanol mixed in.

drove 10 miles to get it, filled my tank, went in to pay, got talking to the owner about ethenol, he pulled out his delivery slip from earlier in the day, "it now has 10% ethenol" he proclaimed. his 1st load.went on to state the 89 octane does not have ethenol, he checked his receipt.

was told not to run ethenol as it damages carb rubber flapper pumps.

fyi.

dan

I've been running Coleman camp fuel and have been very happy with it. Motor runs great, it doesn't go bad, doesn't eat diaphrams and it doesnt stink up the boat.

Yep. The stuff you put in Coleman stoves and lanterns.

Camp fuel works as well as gasoline with the proper oil mix ( 6 to 8 ounces of Honda per gallon ) the only thing you need to remember is that it is 67 octane so you needle settings will differ . The other positive is that it will leave the inside if your enginge looking brand new with NO residue or carbon!!!

Camp fuel works as well as gasoline with the proper oil mix ( 6 to 8 ounces of Honda per gallon ) the only thing you need to remember is that it is 67 octane so you needle settings will differ . The other positive is that it will leave the inside if your enginge looking brand new with NO residue or carbon!!!
I also run camp fuel,BE AWARE ITS STILL LIKE GAS WITHOUT THE SMELL. HANDLE IT LIKE GASOLINE..

Latest posts

Back