fuel line length 3rd channel needle

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

harvknox

I am presently building a 68 Miss Bud for 08.Engine will be a green head CMB,fuel line medium Dubro.

On my present boats Ive been able to keep the fuel line between carb&remote needle to approximatley 4" or less,using a needle that fuel enters the side and exits the bottom.I've had no problems with this setup.

However, because of the Rolls engine and other "stuff" in the way the remote needle will end up with approximatley 8" of fuel line.

How badly will this hurt needle response?If I change to a needle such as Don Ferrette's,with lines in and out on the side the fuel line can be reduced to about 4".Should I change needles?Will I see a noticable change in response with an 8" line?Is the longer response time such that it might cause the the engine to die before an adjustment takes hold?

Harvey

we had problems for a couple years that were finally traced to too long a run from the tank to the 3rd channel to the carb, on 2 different crapshooter 67/80's. cured it by mounting the os 3rd remote directly on the carb. made a new fuel inlet/spray bar assembly for the os unit. cured all problems of dying before the tank ran dry.

Latest posts

Back