• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Int'l Waters and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

FOR SALE- Mac 67

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Don Ferrette

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Supporting Member
Vendor
FOR SALE- first design MAC67 blue head that was prepped by Andy Brown for the person I got it from. I prefer this version over the second design blue head 67 that shared the same case porting of the blue head MAC84. When that change got made I found the low end torque got soft because of too much port volume, I think this version was the best of the MAC 67's. I had Brad Christy make and fit a new piston to the honed liner, David Hall bushed the case bore between the bearings for me, new head button and WIB bearings fitted when put together, it has not been fired since the rebuild. This motor was supposed to go into my 1/8th scale but was just a touch too tall to fit under the cowl without reconfiguring everything. Needless to say I was rather disappointed after all the work done and $$ spent to make it top notch. I am not pressed to sell this motor but it seems like such a waste for it to just sit on the shelf and not get run. $400 plus insurance/postage and will include the 1/4" collet, a spare brand new water 67 jacket as well as both the .510" and .550" bore carb barrels (the carb body is the same, .550" barrel currently in it). :)

SOLD to Glenn. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
FOR SALE- first design MAC67 blue head that was prepped by Andy Brown for the person I got it from. I prefer this version over the second design blue head 67 that shared the same case porting of the blue head MAC84. When that change got made I found the low end torque got soft because of too much port volume, I think this version was the best of the MAC 67's. I had Brad Christy make and fit a new piston to the honed liner, David Hall bushed the case bore between the bearings for me, new head button and WIB bearings fitted when put together, it has not been fired since the rebuild. This motor was supposed to go into my 1/8th scale but was just a touch too tall to fit under the cowl without reconfiguring everything. Needless to say I was rather disappointed after all the work done and $$ spent to make it top notch. I am not pressed to sell this motor but it seems like such a waste for it to just sit on the shelf and not get run. $400 plus insurance/postage and will include the 1/4" collet, a spare brand new water 67 jacket as well as both the .510" and .550" bore carb barrels (the carb body is the same, .550" barrel currently in it).
smile.gif

I'll take it Don.

Don, I'm interested. This one has the bushed drum as well? How is the piston sleeve fit? I'm not to familiar with Brad Christy pistons and how they are holding up vs an original mac p&s. Have you ran his pistons in the refurbished sleeve and do they work ok?

FOR SALE- first design MAC67 blue head that was prepped by Andy Brown for the person I got it from. I prefer this version over the second design blue head 67 that shared the same case porting of the blue head MAC84. When that change got made I found the low end torque got soft because of too much port volume, I think this version was the best of the MAC 67's. I had Brad Christy make and fit a new piston to the honed liner, David Hall bushed the case bore between the bearings for me, new head button and WIB bearings fitted when put together, it has not been fired since the rebuild. This motor was supposed to go into my 1/8th scale but was just a touch too tall to fit under the cowl without reconfiguring everything. Needless to say I was rather disappointed after all the work done and $$ spent to make it top notch. I am not pressed to sell this motor but it seems like such a waste for it to just sit on the shelf and not get run. $400 plus insurance/postage and will include the 1/4" collet, a spare brand new water 67 jacket as well as both the .510" and .550" bore carb barrels (the carb body is the same, .550" barrel currently in it).
smile.gif

I'll take it Don.
Looks like Glenn was the fast man on the keyboard. :)

smile.gif

I'll take it Don.
Looks like Glenn was the fast man on the keyboard.
smile.gif
I should have went with 3 words...
tongue.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
Back