Exhaust Throttle

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tampa1330

What's your take on exhaust throttles. An X-boater told me thats the way to go. I don't know much about it and I don't really see many available for the engines I run.

What's your take on exhaust throttles. An X-boater told me thats the way to go. I don't know much about it and I don't really see many available for the engines I run.
I guess some could say that but given todays carb AKA OS9B cmb 67 greeny combo.the solution is just a carb Believe me i just tested a new T-5 with that setup and could mill at 5mph then have instant acceleration.

if you can find a good used one or a new one i think they are the way to go all my boats have them even my outboards. easy tunning good idle and instant response the only draw back is if you get a worn out one they will tend to leave the inside of the boat a bit messy.

Namba860's take is dead on, I ran exh throttles on K&B 7.5 IB's for a few years, the throttle response is amazing, as well as they had a nice idle, and more responsive in the water then the best carb setup. For a current 67 green head, the OS 9B solves all the issues and you wont get much better then that.

There is a guy here in Australia who is making exhaust throttles and they are are a work of art. I will talk to him today and ask if he dosn't mind his contact details being put up here. If he dosn't mind I will post them for you.

There is a guy here in Australia who is making exhaust throttles and they are are a work of art. I will talk to him today and ask if he dosn't mind his contact details being put up here. If he dosn't mind I will post them for you.
i would really like any info you have on them and does he make the venturis also?

If its the guy Im thinking of, yes he makes venturi also, very nice pieces of art.

Im looking for his contact info right now, I know he comes to this forum.

Hi name is Gary Holborrow and owns a company called ozengines. I ahve tried to call him several times today with no luck but as soon as I confirm it is ok to post a phone or email address I will.

Yes he also makes a great range of venturies.

Back