Enquiry about a boat on RC U

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tall Fella

Hello everybody .

This is a enquiry from Australia . There is a boat hull with extra's for sale on RC U listed as a 1965 U - 75 Miss Exide . From the pictures it Iooks like a 1963 boat to me because of the shape of the tail on the cowling . Can anyone tell me what year this boat is meant to represent . I look forward to rading your replies .

Regards

Ian Baas

Tall Fella Racing

Australia

I was just doing some looking and it's hard to say which cowling and tail that scale boat has. What you also have to remember is that the scale cowl is distorted to get it wide enough to fit the hull. Since there wasn't more than a mostly top view, it's hard to say. Upon looking at pictures of both the U-75 and the U-101.5, the tail shape is hard to really determine as well, considering the tail's got an offset "rudder" that is cut right at the transom. There just isn't enough information to really be able to say either way. I would send Dave Pearson an email and ask for more info on the boat. The pictures I was looking at are here: http://lesliefield.com/default_frame.htm

Last edited by a moderator:
Ian - The '65 U-75 would have to be the former Miss Wahoo which was a real "cork" @ 28-6 L by 11-6 W (I built & raced 2 of them). The '63 Exide hull was a foot and a half longer & about a foot wider, had a blue cowling & an odd looking sculpted nose cowling. The boat was an ill-handling beast & was destroyed at Lake Coeur d'Alene in the '63 Diamond Cup. The story goes that the hull was designed for an Allison & a late decision was made to use a Merlin instead. The mounts were not moved which resulted in the C.G. being incorrect & the rest is history! If you can find out the actual scale dimensions of the hull in question & cross-reference a MHR, you will know if it will make the correct model.

Larry K

p.s.: I will be e-mailing you today regarding the U-64

The boat on RCU is the 5677 hull (Wahoo). The graphics have the U75 in white on black

background. The 6375 hull had black numbers on white background. You can also

see the tail runs straight back.

Brent

Hello everybody .

This is a enquiry from Australia . There is a boat hull with extra's for sale on RC U listed as a 1965 U - 75 Miss Exide . From the pictures it Iooks like a 1963 boat to me because of the shape of the tail on the cowling . Can anyone tell me what year this boat is meant to represent . I look forward to rading your replies .

Regards

Ian Baas

Tall Fella Racing

Australia

It is the 1965 boat. Differences between the boats are:

1963 First boat Red deck, blue, cowling, notched tail.

1963 second boat. In Seattle brown U-101.5. In San Diego Red deck and Blue cowling straight tail

1964 Red deck, blue cowling,

1965 Red deck, white cowling

Hello everybody .

Regards

Ian Baas

Tall Fella Racing

Australia

1963 second boat. In Seattle brown U-101.5. In San Diego Red deck and Blue cowling straight tail

Harry,

YOU DA MAN, lol.

Bill

Hello everybody .

Regards

Ian Baas

Tall Fella Racing

Australia

I forgot to correct, the 1963 boat did not have the odd looking front cowling in front of the engine. That was the 1964 boat. I don't seem to have any more room to post pictures here. If someone can help me get more room that would be helpful. Otherwise you can email me if you need one.

Hello everybody .

Regards

Ian Baas

Tall Fella Racing

Australia

I forgot to correct, the 1963 boat did not have the odd looking front cowling in front of the engine. That was the 1964 boat. I don't seem to have any more room to post pictures here. If someone can help me get more room that would be helpful. Otherwise you can email me if you need one.
Harry,

Go towards the top of the page near your name, look under settings, manage attachments, remove the old ones from previous post.

Latest posts

Back