Engine offset to left

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BlueBlaster

I been looking up engine offset topics on here. I been thinking of rebuilding a boat and my question is, can offsetting the engine well to the left help keep the left sponson down or would it be better to offset to the right to help in turn. I'm thinking of how the 80 Budweiser had the offset. Just looking to see if there any real benefit.

A little lead goes a long way,engine offset is not moving enough weight to make a difference

There's a shovel nose scale boat here in Australia where the strut is offset nearly an inch to the right. It handles well and the left sponson stays down with very little weight added.

Last edited by a moderator:
Jason my sport 40 offset is 1/4' to the left. No added weight to the boat. The strut is also offset a 1/4' to the left. Most of the weight is on the left side on mine. I have my rudder servo on the right side in the back. You've seen it run this year. Very good handling setup.

I have just acquired a Crapshooter 40 that has an off set engine don't know to much about it yet as I have not had the time to see what it need besides a complete refinish.

Walt Barney

Back