Dumas Unlimited Hydro Converted to a shovelnose

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rogerdavis

Is it feasable to convert a dumas unlimited hydro wood kit into a shovel nose hydro during the building process. Looking for opinions of those guys that have built this wood hull in the past. Would it degrade the performance of the hull any. Opinions please. Thanks Roger.

Is it feasable to convert a dumas unlimited hydro wood kit into a shovel nose hydro during the building process. Looking for opinions of those guys that have built this wood hull in the past. Would it degrade the performance of the hull any. Opinions please. Thanks Roger.
if You mean, Dumas Miss unlimited sport 40 hull. I built one a year ago. I added 2 1/2 inches to width, and increased angle on sponsons, took it out 54 miles an hour fisrt time out. I made it a little bow heavy to help balance it out and keep it on the water. it did very well in wind and ruff water. hope that helps

That is the kit im talking about. Do you thinks it will hinder the performance of the hull if i close it in at the bow to make it a shovel nose. I like the look of the shovel nose but dont want to ruin the boat. The 43 inch was hard to find. Roger.

That is the kit im talking about. Do you thinks it will hinder the performance of the hull if i close it in at the bow to make it a shovel nose. I like the look of the shovel nose but dont want to ruin the boat. The 43 inch was hard to find. Roger.
Dumas years ago put out a boat called Drag N Fly. It came in many sizes(20-40-60) I see them on Ebay from time to time. It will be a tuff job to convert a pickle fork hull to round nose. Just the weight alone will shift balance point.I would persue a wood kit I'm sure there. This is a great place to find one. But to answer your question yes it will. You well have to rebalance hull. Good luck

Back