Dumas pay n pac 21

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I was one of the people involved in the thread Bob gave you the link to, so the question in how extreme do you want to go? I'm doing two total redesigns right now using the kit as a starting point, if you're interested in going "whole hog" ;)

Okay, there are three things you will want to do during your build:

1) extend the forward bottom section in the tunnel back to frame 5 or, preferably, frame 6 to improve air flow under the hull

2) cut lightening holes in all the underdeck framing to lighten it up, including the inner transom

3) replace frame 4 and the two piece transom with aircraft grade ply of equal thickness or thicker. This is due to the soft nature of the kit supplied material, it will squish down making the skid fin and rudder brackets loosen up after a few runs

A couple of optional changes you can make are:

1) replace the sponson insides to make the boat stronger and easier to finish

2) replace the engine bay walls for the same reason

3) widen the tunnel across the engine bay to a standard 4" to give more room for a tuned pipe. This would require some splicing of the cross frames between the engine bay walls, replacing the top pieces of the cowl, replace the center nose blocks, replace the false floor between the tails and make a longer wing

Last edited by a moderator:
Allrighty thats what i was hopeing for :D thank you HJ

hope some of the outhers might come back also

Marty

looks like a lot of pepole were all jacked up over this

Marty

Hi Marty!

You might want to read the entire article before building, then make your decision if you want to go in that direction.....The boat in my opinion is just fine the way it is....

HJ----> :p possibly even---> :wacko:

Last edited by a moderator:
I know RJ, you only build stock kits. You really need to finish yours so we can compare our two styles of building and the performance results we end up with :)

I did read the artical RJ

just thought some one might have compleated one or two

to compair the two or three boats

most likely go with HJ easyer list

Thank You for the info

Marty

Latest posts

Back