Dumas kit ??

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Andy Greene

How many different boats can be made from that Dumas #1321 kit ? Right now its done as the 83 Atlas U-1 vented picklefork cab-over ?

Andy

Hey Andy,

Go to the NAMBA site, pull up the Master Hull Roster and look at MHR 8200 for a listing. It looks like about 20 different configurations. Dumas #1321 doesn't mean much to me. I believe they are only producing the Circus hull presently. See pic. Is this what you have??? Is this still the 'Lead Sled' you were working on?? CHEERS !!! Bob

Last edited by a moderator:
As Bob said, go to the MHR and look up the 8200 and 8408 hulls. These two boats were almost twins after the Atlas's cockpit was lowered after the 82 season and the Executone was built to match so any of the boats listed under these two hulls can be made. As an added note, you will find many boats shown under plan 137 starting on page 33 of the Newton Marine site, some requiring modifying the cockpit area to build them

Hey Andy,

Go to the NAMBA site, pull up the Master Hull Roster and look at MHR 8200 for a listing. It looks like about 20 different configurations. Dumas #1321 doesn't mean much to me. I believe they are only producing the Circus hull presently. See pic. Is this what you have??? Is this still the 'Lead Sled' you were working on?? CHEERS !!! Bob
Same boat cept its the U-I . And NO not the same boat Bob, that thing is getting a viking funeral soon-lol :huh: :huh: :huh: . My brother is real big in 1/4 Scale RC Warbirds, So yest at Thanksgiving I gave this one to him with pretty much everything he needed to finish ( pipe /motor/props/shaft-ect) He is just gonna need to relocate the radio box and of course whatever else he wants to do. And I could see the wheels turning for a new scheme while he was looking at it. B)

Thanks fella's

Andy

Hey Andy,

Glad to hear it's not that Cabosil Special you had years ago. Being that a "Viking Funeral" include burning - - I figure that thing will add a couple degrees to Global Warming. Have that thing chipped and use it as fill.

When your Brother decides what livery he wants to use, let me know and I'll see what I can do for pictures for him. None of the detailed 3 views or engineering drawing he's used to for aircraft support with Scale hydros - just get some decent pics and build to those. Consider Roger's Paint plan only for paint scheme and graphics to help him out.

I had a Friend there in Florida send me e-mail earlier for harassing you about the "Lead Sled". I told Dave - - we have history - - Har, Har !!! CHEERS !!! Bob

Hey Andy,

Glad to hear it's not that Cabosil Special you had years ago. Being that a "Viking Funeral" include burning - - I figure that thing will add a couple degrees to Global Warming. Have that thing chipped and use it as fill.

When your Brother decides what livery he wants to use, let me know and I'll see what I can do for pictures for him. None of the detailed 3 views or engineering drawing he's used to for aircraft support with Scale hydros - just get some decent pics and build to those. Consider Roger's Paint plan only for paint scheme and graphics to help him out.

I had a Friend there in Florida send me e-mail earlier for harassing you about the "Lead Sled". I told Dave - - we have history - - Har, Har !!! CHEERS !!! Bob
Thanks Bob , its appreciated. Tell Dave its all fine- hell even I knew I was wasting breath and materials.

BTW -Watching it burn would please me much more than a chipper :rolleyes: :p

Andy

Hey Andy,

If it would please you more - torch that thing off - I'll look for the glow in the East. It was so darn hot here last summer, the spike would have gone not noticed.

Here are a couple pics that may help. Looks like I only have the three. CHEERS !!! Bob

Only the center one is from 1982, the other two are from after the boat got it's facelift prior to the 1983 season .

OMG!!! What do you have to offer HJ??? Other than verbiage.

Would you like some pictures of the boat as it sits in at the HARM? It's present configuration matches what you posted with your second picture as originally built in 1982. I could possibly run down in the next week or two if you want me to take and post some since I need some reference shots for its twin, an 8408 that I'm building . I could also get some of the 7701 as well

Would you like some pictures of the boat as it sits in at the HARM? It's present configuration matches what you posted with your second picture as originally built in 1982. I could possibly run down in the next week or two if you want me to take and post some since I need some reference shots for its twin, an 8408 that I'm building . I could also get some of the 7701 as well
Well seeings how your going and all , and you did offer :rolleyes:

Sure ..........

Andy

Latest posts

Back