Dumas Eagle

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ed.R

I was wondering if anybody has ever put a fuel tank behind the motor ? I'm talking in between engine rails. I'm kinda strugling of how I want to install tank. I was also thinking of making a access hatch in the top of the deck on the right side. any thoughts? or install it in front and running a rear radio box.

Ed

Last edited by a moderator:
I normally put my tanks under the deck on the right side of the engine with an access through the bottom. It keeps the fuel load on the CG(or close to it) so the boat's balance doesn't change while running

Thanks for the info. How much fuel do you uselly run with?

Ed

Depends on the boat. I'm running a tank on each side of the engine in my 1/8th scales for 16-20 oz while in my Sport 40, I run around a 6-8oz under the deck and a 1-2oz hopper in front of the engine.

Depends on the boat. I'm running a tank on each side of the engine in my 1/8th scales for 16-20 oz while in my Sport 40, I run around a 6-8oz under the deck and a 1-2oz hopper in front of the engine.
Errrr... HJ, I think you might be running 6-8 oz in a Sport 20 like I do, and more like 16-18 in a sport 40.

Back