Dumas Atlas U-76 sport 40

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bradley Maglinger

Ran across this today.
900tao.jpg

Is this worth building or selling?

I have one stored away for my retirement years along with several other old Dumas kits.

Believe it or not, there is a lot of interest in these old Dumas kits and I'd bet you could easily get $40-50 out of it on EBay. They are starting to get kind of rare and when all these are gone, they are gone. Why not build it yourself? It would be a fun runner with modern brushless power. I already have too many projects or I would love to add this to my build list.

Scott's probably right on the price. Last Dumas kit I bought was a .67 Pay&Pak for $60.00.

I'd use it for templates and make the tunnel an inch or so wider to help prevent barrel rolling in the corners. If remanufactured and lightened, it might have a chance to run with the more modern boats, just no chance to outrun them. As far as the hardware kit, throw it back into the closet. Then if you do decide to sell the kit, you'll have the kit AND hardware to sell as a package deal

Bradley, not sure if you've done any research on what Dumas kits are going for or not but, direct from Dumas, the smaller 30" Pak kit is $90 while the hardware kit is $50. The 36" round nosed Miss Unlimited kit is $75 with $35 more for the hardware kit. They are the only sport hydroplane kits still marketed by Dumas, the only other race boats being the scale Circus Circus, Hot Shot 3.5 tunnel and Hawk rigger

Latest posts

Back