drum rotor ops 45 ?

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

john22469

i just switched my ops .45 motor out in my rigger from the disk 45 to the new drum 45 both ops. i check the head clearance and set it to .009 i left the pipe from the old motor on the rigger set at the same pipe lenght. i have the same fuel and richen the motor to break it in, also put and a small prop just to run a few heat cycles on the motor. now heres is the problem with i launch the boat i hit sticky water it just stops i richen the motor more but the same result i went up 1.5 point on the flow meter and then tried going the other way. then just crank the needle all the wayout just to see what happens but same result when the prop hits the water it comes to stop. open for suggestions .

take the drum housing off,and make sure you get the hole lined up with the crank pin this time :lol:

Nikos

thanks for the info but the new 45 has only one hole not like the old disk type that has two and will put you out 180 if you don't have it right. also i check to make sure it did not start backwards

john22469 said:
thanks for the info but the new 45 has only one hole not like the old disk type that has two and will put you out 180 if you don't have it right. also i check to make sure it did not start backwards
102646[/snapback]

try strechtin the pipe out a 1/2 inch.....Mikey

yes sir

the boat run fine when i put the old motro back in with the same needle and pipe. put the new motor in with a smaller prop an can not get it to run i can chage the motors backn forth if need be.

John I know that the new ops has one hole!!! thats what i run in my 45 riggers. if you misligned the crank pin the engine will run but it will stall when it hits the water.Nikos

Back