Driver figure and steering wheel dia.

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

glenng

Trying to gather up pieces to finish 72 Notre Dame this winter. Only good pic I have of real boat shows driver in a white suit/red helmet/orange vest/ black cushion behind the helmet. Large steering wheel(black w/ 3 chrome spokes w/holes in spokes. Pretty sure all the helmets in the early 70's were open face with goggles. Could not see goggles or gloves in pic (black?). Trying to make the boat look as real as I can. Where can I buy a good driver figure and steering wheel. Thanks', Glenn

Trying to gather up pieces to finish 72 Notre Dame this winter. Only good pic I have of real boat shows driver in a white suit/red helmet/orange vest/ black cushion behind the helmet. Large steering wheel(black w/ 3 chrome spokes w/holes in spokes. Pretty sure all the helmets in the early 70's were open face with goggles. Could not see goggles or gloves in pic (black?). Trying to make the boat look as real as I can. Where can I buy a good driver figure and steering wheel. Thanks', Glenn
Glenn, you can get all you need from Larry Kraemer e-mail [email protected] He has nice stuff

keith

Glenn, you can get all you need from Larry Kraemer e-mail [email protected] He has nice stuff

keith
Hard part is the gogz took me 2 months to find one that would work. Now they only go on for scale judging then back in the vault

keith
Hard part is the gogz took me 2 months to find one that would work. Now they only go on for scale judging then back in the vault
Quit holding out on me Mikey-at least tell me what color the goggles and strap(that goes behind the helmet are). Thanks', Glenn :lol:

From my recent investigations into the available drives, I agree you have to go with the 'goodies' from Larry. His bloke comes with a white suit (with a black stripe down the sleeve - or mine does) and an orange jacket. Naturally, you will have to paint his face, helmet and hands. Larry also does a Steering Wheel and a seat Back to complete the look. Drop him a line and he will e-mail pictures and a price list. And a nice bloke to deal with.

Can't help with the goggles. With the trouble I have had looking for a certain type of driver, I would think looking for goggles would be like trying to find a load of 'Rocking Horse S**t'.

All this for a 2" man.

Wild Bill Annabel.

Hello Bill .

Last year I bought off our good mate Justin ( GRUB ) a driver who has goggles on his face , this is a early series driver with the open face helmet . He has a long sleeve white shirt and a red / orange safety vest with orange cotton ? tie straps . I am not sure if GRUB gets them done here in Australia or he buys them from a source in America .

Regards

Ian Baas

Tall Fella Racing

Australia

Hello Bill .Last year I bought off our good mate Justin ( GRUB ) a driver who has goggles on his face , this is a early series driver with the open face helmet . He has a long sleeve white shirt and a red / orange safety vest with orange cotton ? tie straps . I am not sure if GRUB gets them done here in Australia or he buys them from a source in America .

Regards

Ian Baas

Tall Fella Racing

Australia
Thanks, Keith, Mikey, Bill & Ian, Tried to send Larry a e-mail-postmaster threw it back in my face- sure you got the spelling right Keith? I've seen Kramer spelled with a A or a E but never with both. Bill If you give me a couple weeks I can probably find a load of rocking horse s*#t here in UTAH! :lol: Thanks, Glenn

Hi Glen,

That sounds great. Please send a picture when you get it piled up and a small sample in an airtight container would be good.

If US Post refuses to take it, bring it with you to the NAMBA nats next year. Should be ripe by then.

Wild Bill Annabel.

Hi Glen,
That sounds great. Please send a picture when you get it piled up and a small sample in an airtight container would be good.

If US Post refuses to take it, bring it with you to the NAMBA nats next year. Should be ripe by then.

Wild Bill Annabel.
Great News Wild Bill! I found a prime sample that has aged for 20+ years! Almost completly oderless! Please P.M. me your e-mail address I'll send you a pic. Glenn :D

keith
Quit holding out on me Mikey-at least tell me what color the goggles and strap(that goes behind the helmet are). Thanks', Glenn :lol:
Mine are black found some GI Joe ones after mant trips to all the local stores. I have Larrys Driver,vest,steering wheel and dash did not care for the seat. My wife did a roll n tuck with a bead around it. Pics should be in my gallery RedMan 73

Hello Bill .Last year I bought off our good mate Justin ( GRUB ) a driver who has goggles on his face , this is a early series driver with the open face helmet . He has a long sleeve white shirt and a red / orange safety vest with orange cotton ? tie straps . I am not sure if GRUB gets them done here in Australia or he buys them from a source in America .

Regards

Ian Baas

Tall Fella Racing

Australia
Those drivers were from Larry. I ordered 30 drivers and a heap of other gear from him back in 06 and this is the reply I got,

"Your request did rock me a bit - but it is do-able!"

kept him busy for quite a bit but the product is A-1 and he delivered when he said.

It was amazing how quick all of the gear I got in 06 sold to guys over here in Oz.

Maybe we should do the same again sometime soon.

Come-on you guys. It's all fitting together now that Brad has chipped in with a 'sorry - wrong post'.

Brad Thorne (Ozzy Hillbilly) has just had a new baby daughter. I think you and Brad got together and are are trying to pass off something Brad would have a lot of at the moment, as Rocking Horse S**t. I know what he has WILL stink!

Even Corona doesn't get rid of that smell!

Wild Bill.

Come-on you guys. It's all fitting together now that Brad has chipped in with a 'sorry - wrong post'.
Brad Thorne (Ozzy Hillbilly) has just had a new baby daughter. I think you and Brad got together and are are trying to pass off something Brad would have a lot of at the moment, as Rocking Horse S**t. I know what he has WILL stink!

Wild Bill.
Gaday All

Billy how's thing's mate yes i have a HEAP OF SH-TTY NAPPIE'S HERE and as your such a lovable bloke i ship for free :D

and we had a little Boy Sh-tting Machine not a Girl :eek:

I was going to let you know that i was looking at Boat Modeler today the one with the

Venom king Shave off Shore cat on the front and that Warehouse Hobbie's now have a new Resin

scale driver that look's alot like the one that Masso ran in his Exide they look good better than

their sh-tty rubber version .i looked on their web site but there isnt any pick's up yet :D :D .

Brad

Last edited by a moderator:
From my recent investigations into the available drives, I agree you have to go with the 'goodies' from Larry. His bloke comes with a white suit (with a black stripe down the sleeve - or mine does) and an orange jacket. Naturally, you will have to paint his face, helmet and hands. Larry also does a Steering Wheel and a seat Back to complete the look. Drop him a line and he will e-mail pictures and a price list. And a nice bloke to deal with.
Can't help with the goggles. With the trouble I have had looking for a certain type of driver, I would think looking for goggles would be like trying to find a load of 'Rocking Horse S**t'.

All this for a 2" man.

Wild Bill Annabel.

Willaims Brothers sells a pilot figure that has seperate goggles that work great on Larry's figures.

Hi Brad, sorry about getting the gender wrong. Thanks for the info, I was pointed in that direction earlier this week by another member and have ordered one of the Warehouse Hobby's drivers. I will let you know more when he arrives.

Many thanks.

Wild Bill.

Wild Bill.
Sorry Wild Bill, No plot between Brad and I, Was going to send you a pic of a piece of walnut burl. Congradulations on the new arrival Brad. I think it was Mark Twain that said "I never met a man that I didn't like". I can't go that far but can honestly say-I never met a Aussie I didn't like!!! Thanks to all for the Information(and humor). Glenn :lol: :lol:

Back