Drain Plugs

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GavinP

I am nearly finished two Scale hydros and was looking at different ways to fit drain plugs .I am not using foam/styrofoam in the hulls.I would however like to fit drain plugs at several critical spots to be able to drain the inevitable seapage of water.

I have considered fitting autobailers and was wondering if they will be sufficient or can someone point be in the right direction of drain plugs that don't stick out like sore thumbs or spoil the look of the boats. :blink:

I have seen some boats that just have a hole and when the boat is going to be put in the water the guys will cover the hole with radio box tape. When the boat is brought in the guys will pull off the tape and drain the boat. I like this idea because it looks neater and less stuff on my boat.

Last edited by a moderator:
Beleive it or not we have one guy last year just leave a peice of tape loose over his drain plug and it acted like a one way baffle or drain plug water went out wile moving and the tape coverd the hole, not alowing water in while sitting.

Stayed there for for a days at a time. He just replaced it when it came off

Gavin, it was Cam.

Terry

I am nearly finished two Scale hydros and was looking at different ways to fit drain plugs .I am not using foam/styrofoam in the hulls.I would however like to fit drain plugs at several critical spots to be able to drain the inevitable seapage of water.I have considered fitting autobailers and was wondering if they will be sufficient or can someone point be in the right direction of drain plugs that don't stick out like sore thumbs or spoil the look of the boats. :blink:
Check out the Aquacraft drain plugs......don't know numbers.

They look like the old squirt gun plugs, but made out of black neoprene? (maybe just rubber)

Very simple and effective....just make sure the hole is not drilled too large.

All you need is to drill a small hole in the bottom of the sponson tip nothing. As long as the boat is running it's above the water line. At least it better be.

Back