DPS T-Plus on Ebay

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
$125 shipping from PA to NC? :eek: If paying by paypal have to add 12%? At least he's nice enough to not charge a fee for money orders or cashier's checks! :lol: :lol:

Yeah 12%. What random hat did he pull that number from? Last I checked it was $0.30 + 2.9%. I would consider picking that one up but by the time you get that thing to your door it's gonna cost darn near $1000. You can almost get a new one less engine and hardware for that.

Yeah 12%. What random hat did he pull that number from? Last I checked it was $0.30 + 2.9%. I would consider picking that one up but by the time you get that thing to your door it's gonna cost darn near $1000. You can almost get a new one less engine and hardware for that.
His fees and shipping are suspect. :blink: but.....try getting a new DPS hull painted for $750.00 starting bid. It's called what ever the market will bear. :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

His fees and shipping are suspect. :blink: but.....try getting a new DPS hull painted for $750.00 starting bid. It's called what ever the market will bear. :rolleyes: :rolleyes:
You guys know the drill,some guys jack shipping and PP fees to get the price where they wanted it to be. Ever see a part for buy it now $12.00 and $35.00 shipping i have

Actually I hate eBay now. They charge you to list it. Than charge again to sell it! I don't recall what the percentage of the selling price is but it is so much for the first 60$ and .03 percent for evey hundred above that so actually guessing what the price for eBay can be really confusing before the final purchase price is agreed on. jmtc

Actually I hate eBay now. They charge you to list it. Than charge again to sell it! I don't recall what the percentage of the selling price is but it is so much for the first 60$ and .03 percent for evey hundred above that so actually guessing what the price for eBay can be really confusing before the final purchase price is agreed on. jmtc
They provide a service for a fee. In return for the fee you get to use their systems, benefit from their advertising, and get access to their customer base. They're going to set the fees based on what they think the market will bear. Charging a listing fee discourages listing spam (new listings every day for the same item) like you see so much on Craigslist. The final value fee gives them a small cut of what you made on the item, just like would happen if you sold something through a local auction house.

They provide a service for a fee. In return for the fee you get to use their systems, benefit from their advertising, and get access to their customer base. They're going to set the fees based on what they think the market will bear. Charging a listing fee discourages listing spam (new listings every day for the same item) like you see so much on Craigslist. The final value fee gives them a small cut of what you made on the item, just like would happen if you sold something through a local auction house.
Ebay policy on seller fees........

Sellers may not charge eBay buyers an additional fee for their use of ordinary forms of payment, including acceptance of checks, money orders, electronic transfers or credit cards. Such costs should be built into the price of the item.

Violations of this policy may result in a range of actions, including:

Listing cancellation

Limits on account privileges

Account suspension

Forfeit of eBay fees on cancelled listings

Loss of PowerSeller status

http://pages.ebay.com/help/policies/listing-surcharges.html

Sellers may not charge eBay buyers an additional fee for their use of ordinary forms of payment, including acceptance of checks, money orders, electronic transfers or credit cards. Such costs should be built into the price of the item.

Listing cancellation

Account suspension

Yup. It's also a violation of Paypal terms for eBay auctions: "Sellers may not charge a surcharge for accepting PayPal as a payment method." They also say in general: "You agree that you will not impose a surcharge or any other fee for accepting PayPal as a payment method.", which means anyone here asking for extra for Paypal is actually in violation of the Paypal User Agreement.

Listing cancellation

Account suspension

Yup. It's also a violation of Paypal terms for eBay auctions: "Sellers may not charge a surcharge for accepting PayPal as a payment method." They also say in general: "You agree that you will not impose a surcharge or any other fee for accepting PayPal as a payment method.", which means anyone here asking for extra for Paypal is actually in violation of the Paypal User Agreement.
There an easy way aournd that policy. Just do what banks and credit card companies do. Come up with another name for the fee. Call it a handling fee, or an account monitoring fee, or just add it into the price.

Last edited by a moderator:
You guys must have scared him off , because according to the link above - the item has been removed- :unsure:

Somehow the wife wouldn't bite on the idea of this being a GREAT B-Day present :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Andy

Betting the auction got pulled so the listing person could fix the mistakes, often easier than trying to edit an existing auction as well as the 12% being a typo. Smart money also says his shipping quote was most likely what the local "mom & pop" shipping store quoted him based on it's size. How do I know this?

I know the boat...........

So do you guys, there's been a couple short threads on it..........

I know who the seller is........

You guys do also........

He's an I/W member...........

Bought stuff from some you guys......

Gave out some good deals on stuff too.....

why dont he just list it here in IW then there aint no selling fee's!

Knowing the owner and knowing what Doug Shappard and Don F had to say, seemed like a good deal to me. So the boat is on it's way to Washington now.

Thanks to the rest of you for not buying it.

Knowing the owner and knowing what Doug Shappard and Don F had to say, seemed like a good deal to me. So the boat is on it's way to Washington now.

Thanks Harry as I almost made a phone call to have it sent south even though right now I'd be lucky to rub two nickels together after and still doing some home repairs & upgrades. :wacko:

Thanks Harry as I almost made a phone call to have it sent south. :lol:

Chet Lepinski has arranged for Steve David to be the guest speaker at our banquet so it will be kind of fun to have the boat. Plus I saw it run at four races that year, including the fast lap at Hawaii.

Also, thanks for your input, made the decision easy. I also found the original thread where he bought the boat thanks to you.

Harry

Chet Lepinski has arranged for Steve David to be the guest speaker at our banquet so it will be kind of fun to have the boat. Plus I saw it run at four races that year, including the fast lap at Hawaii.

Also, thanks for your input, made the decision easy. I also found the original thread where he bought the boat thanks to you.

Harry
If I had Don's two nickels I would have bought it myself, but since I don't I thought I would post it here so it would find a good home. ;)

Harry
If I had Don's two nickels I would have bought it myself, but since I don't I thought I would post it here so it would find a good home. ;)
Its all good when a nice scale boat finds a new home with a happy guy waiting to pamper it. Well till the horn blows and you head for the start............ZOOM ZOOM ZOOM

I had that one on my watch list from day one. I'll have to say I'm little jealous. I though it was a great boat but the extra 100.00 for the paypal fees kinda turned me off. I was just a little worried that boat wasn't all it was said to be. From the sound of it I was wrong. Enjoy!

I had that one on my watch list from day one. I'll have to say I'm little jealous. I though it was a great boat but the extra 100.00 for the paypal fees kinda turned me off. I was just a little worried that boat wasn't all it was said to be. From the sound of it I was wrong. Enjoy!

Well the truth is, he just didn't want to take paypal so he thought the fee would discourage people from using it. I had no problem sending him a cashier's check, especially after several people here vouched for both him and the boat.

I think my brother will run the boat as his Lincoln Thrift is showing too many signs of aging. My Bud is like new as it has already been rebuilt four times this year after accidents. I need to thank the following people for rebuilding it for me as they all know that I am incompetent with that type of thing.

Jeff Snell - preseason

Don Mock = Accident 1

Roger Newton - Accident 2

Bill and Dave Brandt - Accidents 3 and 4

Imagine what would have happened if I hadn't missed the first four races with a broken hip. Worst past is only accident #4 was my fault.

I think the boat is jinxed.

Back