digital angle finder

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lay26

Supporting Member
guys i 'm looking hard to find a digital angle finder and i can't seem to find one at. is the local lowes or home depot. is there anywhere online or any specialty soter where i can find one. Help!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have the one that I bought from Bill McGraw. It was his personal angle finder. I paid him $100 for it and I'd sell it for $90... Let me know.

Ok,

So is anyone willing to share their hot setup angles for different sized boats? :lol: :lol:

Tim.

Lay

I bought mine at lowe"s paid around 70.00 dallors.It"s called pro smart level. For questions call 1 -800 smartlevel

762-7835 you mite ask ho carry this in stock.

Hey Dave-

Take some of that money you saved on your $40 starting table & $70 level & buy yourself a good spell check program. :D

......... sorry I couldn't resist. :p

Last edited by a moderator:
The PRO SMART Level is the same as the SMART LEVEL and yes they do have the alternet zero on them to . I have one and love it off doing set-ups .. As to set-up numbers look in Marty's past tech notes ( I think it is under dig. set-ups) and he will get you perrty close these are the numbers we use for our boats. Scott

" The PRO SMART Level is the same as the SMART LEVEL and yes they do have the alternet zero on them"

Where's the button for it? 2 different people have told me that they don't have it, if they do in fact then that's great.

Don Ferrette said:
" The PRO SMART Level is the same as the SMART LEVEL and yes they do have the alternet zero on them"
Where's the button for it? 2 different people have told me that they don't have it, if they do in fact then that's great.
What do you mean alternate zero? You mean it can be zeroed to any surface level or not? The smart level will do this just not one button, i just got one and if you push the calibrate button twice with out turning the level 180 it sets to zero. If you do the calibrate procedure and turn the level before pushing the cal button twice it calibraites to level. Am i correct on this?

P THOMAS said:
Don Ferrette said:
What do you mean alternate zero? You mean it can be zeroed to any surface level or not? The smart level will do this just not one button, i just got one and if you push the calibrate button twice with out turning the level 180 it sets to zero. If you do the calibrate procedure and turn the level before pushing the cal button twice it calibraites to level. Am i correct on this?
Correct, the Spi-Tronic has a button specific for this. Makes for faster set up as you put your set up board on the table, set the Spi-Tronic on it & hit the alternate level button. Now all readings are based on the board being your zero point. No muss, no fuss, no "calibrate", hit the button once & go! B)

Don, what do you do to setup your boats, do you use the level to check the bottom of the sponsons for correct angle. How do you get a reading do you have the sponson bottom hanging off the edge of the setup board?

What difference do you think the setup angle and the actual angle the sponson is running at on the water is? Think the strut is running on top of the water or more like the hub of the prop?

P. Thomas Yes that is how you get it to zero out . I use the bottom of the tub and then go to the sponsons just like Marty's tech notes say how to do it ... Scott

Latest posts

Back