cunards on the Phil thomas SS45

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tmunn

I see some of phil's sport 40's do not use the front cunards.

I heard some guys add weight on the front of the boat to compensate for this.

Is there any disadvantage of removing the front wing or cunards.

One advantage that comes to mind is they would not be there to break and also cause damage to the sponson as they sometimes do when you make a mistake and hit a bouy.

Thanks

Terry

Thanks ray we run a modified course and not exactly to spec and we hug the bouys pretty tight or get passed on the inside. :lol:

We use the double anchor bouy system and cut off pool noodles and it still has damaged my sport 20 some.

Thanks

Thanks ray we run a modified course and not exactly to spec and we hug the bouys pretty tight or get passed on the inside. :lol:
We use the double anchor bouy system and cut off pool noodles and it still has damaged my sport 20 some.

Thanks
I always thought an adjustable front wing might be a cool thing to try on this boat. It can be flighty, especially if you give it more than a hair of left rudder. If you read the thread in the Manufacturers section, the mod to the bottom of the boat to make it NAMBA legal is supposed to trap less air under the boat, thus it can run w/ less angle on the strut.

Latest posts

Back