Coolpower fuel 30%

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MrUnlimited

Hi fellow boaters,

Has anyone tried a jug of coolpower fuel 30% in their 1/8 scale? I have some troubles either it is too fat or too lean on oil. I run now 25% nitro (nitro is expensive here in Europe, Netherlands) with 14% oil: 7% synthetic and 7% ricinus oil.

Hi fellow boaters,
Has anyone tried a jug of coolpower fuel 30% in their 1/8 scale? I have some troubles either it is too fat or too lean on oil. I run now 25% nitro (nitro is expensive here in Europe, Netherlands) with 14% oil: 7% synthetic and 7% ricinus oil.
Is that specifically made as boat fuel?? The oil content sounds low for over the counter pre-mixed boat fuel. Typical pre-mixed oil content is 18-20% unless you special order it otherwise. What is ricinus oil? :blink:

Hi fellow boaters,
Is that specifically made as boat fuel?? The oil content sounds low for over the counter pre-mixed boat fuel. Typical pre-mixed oil content is 18-20% unless you special order it otherwise. What is ricinus oil? :blink:
The castor bean plant, Ricinus communis, is a "native of tropical Africa cultivated in several varieties for the oil found in its leaves and for its bold foliage."(Alber and Alber)

Hi fellow boaters,
The castor bean plant, Ricinus communis, is a "native of tropical Africa cultivated in several varieties for the oil found in its leaves and for its bold foliage."(Alber and Alber)
Well thank you Scott. :) Personally I feel that's too much castor (ricinus) vs. total oil content, which should be a bit higher. I'm not a fan of castor anyway as many already know. For over the counter pre-mixed fuel I would look for fuel specifically mixed as boat fuel with 18-20% oil with about 2% castor if you feel you can't live without it. I stopped using castor years ago & run 100% synthetic oil. Also don't let the hobby shop people tell you that car fuel is ok in boats as it's not, different animals & environments. ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi fellow boaters,
Well thank you Scott. :) Personally I feel that's too much castor (ricinus) vs. total oil content, which should be a bit higher. I'm not a fan of castor anyway as many already know. For over the counter pre-mixed fuel I would look for fuel specifically mixed as boat fuel with 18-20% oil with about 2% castor if you feel you can't live without it. I stopped using castor years ago & run 100% synthetic oil. Also don't let the hobby shop people tell you that car fuel is ok in boats as it's not, different animals & environments. ;)
According to the Morgan site, Coolpower contains 17-22% oil, depending on the application. I didn't see anything showing the ratio of synthetic to castor.

I've used Cool power before and didn't like it, their oil blend is not 100% synthetic and boat didn't ran that good.

we have been using Red Max 30% and WildCat Helimix 30% nitro and 18% synthetic oil (100%) and these fuel have been working great.

The Wild cat Promix 35% nitro and 18% oil (95% synthetic and 5% degummed racing castor) is also very good.

Dan.

I've used Cool power before and didn't like it, their oil blend is not 100% synthetic and boat didn't ran that good.
we have been using Red Max 30% and WildCat Helimix 30% nitro and 18% synthetic oil (100%) and these fuel have been working great.

The Wild cat Promix 35% nitro and 18% oil (95% synthetic and 5% degummed racing castor) is also very good.

Dan.
Thanks Dan. I'll try to get Wildcat fuel here in Europe and let you know how it works

Back