comin back!

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

namba276

Guys, I'm considering a come back to the sport and want to build a wood sport 40II. I like the dave frank hull and wonder where I can get plans. any help is appreciated.

Bob Tuttle

Hi Bob

Welcome back to the sport.I will check with my brother and see if he still has the blue print for the David Frank sport 40.My brother has the David Frank sport 40 boat.I down sized the blue print to make a 20 boat like that.

Dave Roach

the dave frank / garry finlay 1/12 scale, 27.5 inch 8255 "sport scale" hydro plan is available with free download on the ASTEC electric website. the plan can then be enlarged and printed. i'm not familiar with the original dave frank sport 40 hull but i think this sport scale "oberto" plan was developed from his sport 40 hull.

i built an enlarged 43 inch gas engine powered version which runs great. be sure to check out the other finlay plans available on the ASTEC website.

good luck

Dave,

I found that website,downloaded to a disk, and went to kinkos. just need to find ply and get after it! thank you for your valuable insite.

Bob

I have the templates for the Dave Frank Sp40 Second Generation boat. I talked with Bob earlier and I am making copies for him. This is the boat that I almost won the 98 nats with. With some slight mods it is an awesome boat.

Mike

I have the templates for the Dave Frank Sp40 Second Generation boat. I talked with Bob earlier and I am making copies for him. This is the boat that I almost won the 98 nats with. With some slight mods it is an awesome boat.

Mike
Mike got any pics of your boat?

Mike
i have some plans for this boat as well.....what did you mod?

Last edited by a moderator:
Made the sponsons steeper and deeper. It tended to blow off a lot. Could not get the front end down enough. It would ride on the recovery pads which makes the boat hunt all over the place. From my templates I added a .230" to the rear of the ride pad. This tapered up to the original depth at the front of the pad.

Mike

Mike got any pics of your boat?
Nope. Got my Mutt 2 the following winter after that nats. Sold the boat to a guy that said he was going to come out racing sp40. Month later he sold the boat to someone back east. Have not seen it since. I was pissed. I really did not want to sell it. I was only doing it so he could come race. Did not have a camera back than. Oh well. I have moved on.

Mike

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back