CMB MOTORS

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

avenger

What do u guys prefer to run in your sport 40's, and which do you prefer and why, the cmb rs or the cmb hr. I am fairly new to the racing scene and would like to run a sport 40 in our club races. :huh:

Jules

Gaday Guys

Mate im use to running MAC's in my sport 40 but have just removed it and replacing it with a RS.

Even though the HR is the same in size as a MAC and all the HR just dosnt Run as hard as the RS out of the box unless you spend time or $$$$ :angry: on mods .

im Going with the RS :D Brad

Picture013.jpg

I am in the proces of building a Whip Sport 40 which will be powered by a CMB 45HR. My choice was based on interchangability with a MAC 45 which I run in a B hydro and recommended by the guy who is going to mod it for me.

med_gallery_4990_615_968985.jpg

I was told that the RS had a 2 piece crank that made it tricky to change out piston and sleeve while the hr has a one piece crank. How do u guys split the crank? :huh:

I was told that the RS had a 2 piece crank that made it tricky to change out piston and sleeve while the hr has a one piece crank. How do u guys split the crank? :huh:
The hr is a lot more user friendly and makes plenty of power for a sport 40. The rs is a power house but more of a pain to work on not to mention keeping the z valve clearance right. To take the crank out of a rs you must remove the wrist pin thru the exhaust port and of course the clip. If you fry a lower rod bearing you will need an assembly with crank and rod. 100 bucks less hr,spin a x447x3 and whop there it is

I am in the proces of building a Whip Sport 40 which will be powered by a CMB 45HR. My choice was based on interchangability with a MAC 45 which I run in a B hydro and recommended by the guy who is going to mod it for me.
med_gallery_4990_615_968985.jpg

Nice looking build Tyler.... B)

We are having super reliability with the RS.. The CAM/HR is a good engine ..but.. they seem down on power out of the box.. Downside of the RS is that you have to be a watchmaker to work on it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back