circus circus hull ever used for anything else?

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TERMINATOR

just wondering if the circus circus hull ever had a different paint scheme? i have one i am getting ready to build..and yes i will be replacing the wood it came with. ..lol . anyway i just wanted to do the mods to make it different.. there is alot of the pink boats running around.. i thought it was the miller high life boat before ?? thanks to all in advance.

terry

Last edited by a moderator:
Now that depends on which Circus Circus you are dealing with, since there were two hulls

The 8401 hull ran as the following:

1988 U-00 Circus Circus

1989-90 U-31 Circus Circus

1991-92 U-50 American Spirit(with several other names using this paint scheme), responsonsed with Jones asymetrical sponsons

1993 U-31 Circus Circus

1994-1999 ran under several other sponsorships with different cowling arrangements

The 8700 hull ran as the following:

1988 U-31 Miller High Life

1989-90 U-31 Circus Circus, responsoned with Jones asymetrical sponsons in 1989 along with the ram wing being moved forward 10"

1991-07 ran under several different sponsorships and cowling configurations

Hope this helps

Last edited by a moderator:
just a thought, are you going to lighten the hull or just change the framing? I've been toying with the idea of buying a Dumas and doing an up grade thread over at RCU. think it would be worth while or should I save my$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$?

I vote yes on a build, would be very helpful to others thinking of building one aswell. I thought about changing the scoop and making it a Froster Flakes

There Great!

Now that depends on which Circus Circus you are dealing with, since there were two hullsThe 8401 hull ran as the following:

1988 U-00 Circus Circus

1989-90 U-31 Circus Circus

1991-92 U-50 American Spirit(with several other names using this paint scheme), responsonsed with Jones asymetrical sponsons

1993 U-31 Circus Circus

1994-1999 ran under several other sponsorships with different cowling arrangements

The 8700 hull ran as the following:

1988 U-31 Miller High Life

1989-90 U-31 Circus Circus, responsoned with Jones asymetrical sponsons in 1989 along with the ram wing being moved forward 10"

1991-07 ran under several different sponsorships and cowling configurations

Hope this helps
well the kit i have is a dumas kit with the rounded cowl opening.. that is the best way to describe it to you hj.. if that is the case did the miller high life use that style of cowl? i hope so because i like that style.. not the shoebox style i seen in pics before. any and all help is always appreciated.. thanks

terry

Here is a picture of the Miller High Life in 1988. I believe the boat ran in this configuration only in San Diego. Basically, the U-00 (Miller) and U-31 (Circus Circus), which were both owned by Fran Muncey, swapped hulls after Seattle before the final race in San Diego.

Rick

88_Miller_High_Life_U_31.jpg

Here is a picture of the Miller High Life in 1988. I believe the boat ran in this configuration only in San Diego. Basically, the U-00 (Miller) and U-31 (Circus Circus), which were both owned by Fran Muncey, swapped hulls after Seattle before the final race in San Diego.

Rick
perfect. then my kit will work, thankyou alot bud.. anyone know where i can get the correct decals for it?

terry

To make it easy on you Terry, I only listed boats that had the frowning intakes on both hulls. Anything after these were just FYI notations

Back