Circus Circus Canard - are they still available

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wild Bill

I remember years ago there were plenty of these canards around but you don't see them today.

I am considering building one and wanted to know if they are still available - New - from anyone. I would also like to find out if the current model would have been modified to stop the 'duck dive' these things used to suffer from in the old days.

Any info would be appreciated.

Wild Bill Annabel.

Hi Ian.

I am after the scale Circus boat, not the other canard.

I liked the way they ran 'way - back - when' and was thinking of trying one seeing that there are none around.

Any other ideas?

Thanks for the reply. Are you coming up for the Winter Spectacular in August?

Wild Bill Annabel.

Thanks for the reply Bob, I will follow up on that.

Trouble is, I leave for the States on Friday morning (you know I live in Australia) - that's Thursday your time. Don't have much time to chase it up before then. Do you have a phone number that I can call when I get into Scottsdale on Friday?

Will be competing at the NAMBA Nats in Florida after some 'down-time' :p on the Colorado River from Friday to Wednesday when we leave for Ft. Lauderdale.

Will I see you there Bob?

Many thanks.

Wild Bill Annabel.

And to Bill Diedrich - many thanks as well.

You thinking of parting with yours - maybe?

I remember years ago when Larry Manlinger ( I hope I spelt it right ) and his son Curtis used to run these. I remember watching them at Slidell and being amased at how well they cornered and how much ground they made up in the corners.

Just needed to get rid of that famous 'duck-dive' that used to happen in the middle of the straights in those days.

Gee, there are some names from the past - how old am I?

Bill, you going to Ft. Lauderdale? I could buy you a drink and we could 'talk' about your canard - yes - no?

Wild Bill Annabel.

Hi Ian.

I am after the scale Circus boat, not the other canard.

I liked the way they ran 'way - back - when' and was thinking of trying one seeing that there are none around.

Any other ideas?

Thanks for the reply. Are you coming up for the Winter Spectacular in August?

Wild Bill Annabel.

Bill,

I wont make the Winter Spectacular this year. :( But I think there are a couple of SA guys heading over.

Good luck in the US!

Ian

Back