Cheap Craftsman digital angle finder @ Sears

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brian Sorgente

Supporting Member
Hey guys,

I was doing a little xmas shopping today and noticed in sears that they were running a sale on a pretty nice craftsman digital angle finder. It was only $40!! Maybe I bought the wrong one a few years back because I paid around a $100 for mine. So keeping that in mind, I figured I'd give you guys a heads up. I know that it has been a very important tuning tool for me.

Happy Holidays

Brian

I just picked up one myself.. I was sceptical at first, i have used a nice one that is made by mittitouo ( how ever you spell it lol ). I a " smart tool ".. the smart tool has to line up in syn with a satalite for it to work lol.. I will say this is pretty nice for the price.

It has a color green screen, it measure's in inches, ft, or degrees. and it is 10" long.. a little longer than the others but that isn't a problem. OH and the most important thing, it has a laser beam on the end that the dog likes to chase around the house LOL!!!

So far it seams to work pretty well.

chris

Chris, does it have the "zero" feature? like put the level on any surface no matter the angle, press the zero button and then it starts at zero and measure from that point?

~James

Anyone got a pic of the craftsman version?

Yup thats the one, sorry guys, they call it a digital "level". They had one on display in sears when I was there and I was playing with it. It was pretty sweet. I was tempted to get it and sell mine... lol

BTW-

Chris, does it have the "zero" feature? like put the level on any surface no matter the angle, press the zero button and then it starts at zero and measure from that point?
~James

Yes it does have a zero function, and its fast, thats why I was thinking of picking it up. I have a smart tool also and you have to wait forever for it to zero. This thing does it right when you hit the button, not to mention it has a hold feature so you can leave the measurment on the screen after you take it. Pretty sweet unit.

Brian

Last edited by a moderator:
JAMES,

Yes it does have a zero. and works pretty good.

I normally try to shy away from stuff like this, but in this case for the money. you can't go wrong.

I will say this IF IT IS JUNK I WILL TELL YOU IT IS JUNK.

So far seems good to go

chris

Sweet, thanks guys, I have my sister picking one up for me to try. Ive been using my other on when im bending tubing and stuff (bigger stuff, 1 1/2inch or 2 inch) out in the shop. Its great for fabrication stuff, like tube bumpers, roof racks ect....

Thanks for the info. ~James

Latest posts

Back