Carb Size ?

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Michael Costanzo

hi guy's,need to know some imput on what size carb works well for all around performance(out of corners,straightaways). the boat is about 12#'s.motor is a modded picco exr .67.i know years ago alot of guy's were running a os9b. if that is so, i have one but the picco is a pinch style and i would need to get a adpt made. thanks very much for the help. mike.

hi guy's,need to know some imput on what size carb works well for all around performance(out of corners,straightaways). the boat is about 12#'s.motor is a modded picco exr .67.i know years ago alot of guy's were running a os9b. if that is so, i have one but the picco is a pinch style and i would need to get a adpt made. thanks very much for the help. mike.
Os9b works great

Mike,

I still have Silver head EXRs in my Oberto running the stock carb. Ran one at the 2010 NAMBA Nats and had no issue Lo through WFO. CHEERS !!! Bob

Mike,

I still have Silver head EXRs in my Oberto running the stock carb. Ran one at the 2010 NAMBA Nats and had no issue Lo through WFO. CHEERS !!! Bob
hi bob,sold that same 67 cmb "fat pipe" awile back and was just curious how the work? thanks,mike.

Hey Mike,

I have always liked this fat bellied pipe with the EXRs. 12" from center cylinder to bead on pipe with one of Lenny Blake's tip mufflers on it, 50%, throwing an X460.Running on suction, i.e. no pipe pressure. My WOF Oberto weighs 14# 2 oz. w/o fuel. CHEERS !!! Bob

Hey Mike,

I have always liked this fat bellied pipe with the EXRs. 12" from center cylinder to bead on pipe with one of Lenny Blake's tip mufflers on it, 50%, throwing an X460.Running on suction, i.e. no pipe pressure. My WOF Oberto weighs 14# 2 oz. w/o fuel. CHEERS !!! Bob
hi bob,when you say suction,are we talking about case pres?,like the old plane days? and i have to ask,why? thanks,mike.

"hi bob,when you say suction,are we talking about case pres?,like the old plane days? and i have to ask,why? thanks,mike."

No case pressure or pipe pressure, tank vent sucks on atmosphere. Tank is just forward of the carb so have not had fuel feed issues. Just no substiture for a pen bladder tank for some good pressure. Carb doesn't seem to like it much however. Har, Har !!! Yes, from Controline speed days. Did you hear the Big "What the heck was that??, Mike - Har, Har !!! CHEERS!!! Bob

"hi bob,when you say suction,are we talking about case pres?,like the old plane days? and i have to ask,why? thanks,mike."

No case pressure or pipe pressure, tank vent sucks on atmosphere. Tank is just forward of the carb so have not had fuel feed issues. Just no substiture for a pen bladder tank for some good pressure. Carb doesn't seem to like it much however. Har, Har !!! Yes, from Controline speed days. Did you hear the Big "What the heck was that??, Mike - Har, Har !!! CHEERS!!! Bob
i almost fell of the chair reading this! :lol: yes,definetaly brought back some good old memories! mike.

Mike C,

Are you going to have a scale boat for Atlanta??

What are you working on?
hi rick, yah that sort of the game plan.going to drag out a muck hull i ran years ago.runs really well.just re-powering and 2.4 radio,and some testing(hopefully)pipes,props.took a bunch of trophies, and 3rd in dist and 3rd at namba nats years ago.guess time(there is the problem) :blink: will tell.mikie.

Latest posts

Back