carb adjtmt

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chinslip

Hi guys...I wonder if I could lean on you for some help. I will be a burning camp fuel in a new RCMK RZ 254. For those of you that are burning camp fuel could you give me a ballpark carb adjustment setting. I realize that fine tuning will be necessary but I'd like to get it close before starting...thanks Norm

I just changed over to camp fuel and on my Conquest Cat the needles are 2 1/8 on the low and 1 1/8 on the high. I run a modded Sikk motor with a stock 257 carb.

Buddy

Because camp fuel is 67 octane you can run the needles as low as 2 and 1 and still run competitivley. The smell of the Naptha is different but better than gasoline.

Hi guys me again. I'm trying to fine tune the carb on my stock RCMK RZ 254 and require some of your expert advice. I'm running the boat on the stand with the flex shaft out and a good supply of cold water going through the engine and exhaust. I was always told to run it full bore and adjust the high needle until max RPM is achieved then back off a bit to make sure it's a tad rich. The problem I have is I can't get a steady BRRRRRAAAAAPPPPPPP. It sounds just like the rev limiter on my quad. brap brap brap brap brap brap brap. If I turn the high way out the braps are closer together and sounds really rich. I screw in the high needle then the braps slow down but never goes away completely. Could the cold water going through the engine affect it? Could the fact that it's running without any resistance (no flex shaft) cause it to run too freely?? Any advice you can throw my way would be greatly appreciated.

The lack of a load will definately make a difference. As soon as you throw it on the water, the carb settings be off due to the increased load. I would set it rich and run it on the water so that you get a truer result

Hi guys me again. I'm trying to fine tune the carb on my stock RCMK RZ 254 and require some of your expert advice. I'm running the boat on the stand with the flex shaft out and a good supply of cold water going through the engine and exhaust. I was always told to run it full bore and adjust the high needle until max RPM is achieved then back off a bit to make sure it's a tad rich. The problem I have is I can't get a steady BRRRRRAAAAAPPPPPPP. It sounds just like the rev limiter on my quad. brap brap brap brap brap brap brap. If I turn the high way out the braps are closer together and sounds really rich. I screw in the high needle then the braps slow down but never goes away completely. Could the cold water going through the engine affect it? Could the fact that it's running without any resistance (no flex shaft) cause it to run too freely?? Any advice you can throw my way would be greatly appreciated.
1st what carb are you using? If it is a 257 then the low needle is at 1 turn and the high needle is 7/8 turn. Should run fine all day long. Pipe length and prop will play a role aswell.

1st what carb are you using? If it is a 257 then the low needle is at 1 turn and the high needle is 7/8 turn. Should run fine all day long. Pipe length and prop will play a role aswell.
Yup dont run it on the bench,instead drive it half throttle for 3-4 tanks on the rich side. These beasts are just the opposite of nitro boats on needle settings. Rich makes power,lean sells parts

Latest posts

Back