CANT FIND TUNE PIPE COUPLERS

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mark couty

Guys I nee some 3/4 tune pipe couplers and the sources I know are out. Anyone got any ?

I ran into this last year as well and ended up giving McMaster Carr a shot. I only got to try it for one race day but it definitely got good and hot in my mono with most of the pipe sitting under the top deck. It held up as well as anything else I've seen and for the price you cant beat it.

Heres the number I used. 51135K461

Brian

Last edited by a moderator:
Pm Sent Mark

I do not stock 1/8" wall as part number suggests.

I do carry 3/16" wall, which I believe MC doesn't carry.

and my 1/4" wall Is about the same or little cheaper with the discount.total cost.

All are rated at 500 deg.

Tim

Guys I nee some 3/4 tune pipe couplers and the sources I know are out. Anyone got any ?

auto parts stores have the braided blue silicone high temp tubing...

use spacers for gaps larger than 1/2"

REALLY ? What is this stuff called ? How high of a temp can it withstand?
Mark

PM Mike Hughes here on the site. He has some "secret" black tubing that works awesome. It will be the first and last coupler you will ever use. It is probably heater hose off of a car and he rubs the markings off, but I don't care. :p I have had great success with it!

Do you still need to run water cooled exhaust header with any of these couplings ? Thanks.

Latest posts

Back