Can Someone Tell Me What Hull This Is?

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Eric Sellers

I am finally getting around to working on this 1/8th scale project together. Can anyone help me identify what this hull will make? My thoughts are either the 1977-81 Atlas Van Lines or the 76-77 Miss Budweiser?? Maybe a older Miss Madison/Pay n Pak? I need to purchase the cowling still. Attached are the photos showing some of the unique detail behind the sponsons and the rear wings. Note how the decking extends past the back of the sponsons. I believe its a older Steve Muck fiberglass hull.

IMG_1404.JPG

IMG_1405.JPG

IMG_1406.JPG

IMG_1407.JPG

Pretty sure Master Hull Roster. #7474

Does these boats in the years 1974

VALU-MART

WEISFIELD'S

OLYMPIA BEER

ANHEUSER-BUSCH NATURAL LIGHT

MISS CIRCUS CIRCUS

And 82 Gilmore Special

Just verify the pickle fork depth to be sure

Good luck,

Bill

Not a Muck. I have one and the only wood in it is a strut doubler, engine rails, rear transom and a skid fin doubler

Hey Eric,

Most Scale projects start by determining the length, width, Tunnel width, hull depth , and after plane length of a given model hull, then referring to a Master Hull Roster (MHR) available on-line at:

http://www.namba.com/content/library/scale/namba_mhr.pdf to ensure the model dimensions fit within those 1/8th Scale measurement ranges.

To ensure that you comply with your areas Sanctioning organization - IMPBA or NAMBA - check their Rule Books available on line. Normally R/C Unlimited Rule Book is more specific than either sanctioning activity, so if you intend to race in the Pacific North West. Check their rule book also for additional specifics.

Pickle Fork Depth is not a principle dimension as listed in the (NAMBA) rule book.

IMPBA rule book specifies: " All boats to be built to a scale of 1 1/2" to 1' 0" (1/8 scale) plus or minus 10% of the beam and 5% of the length listed in the APBA Master Hull Roster.

Your hull has an unusual characteristic of the deck overhanging the rear of the sponson non trip where it meets the deck.

The Master Hull Roster (MHR) hull numbers for the hulls you mentioned are: '77 -'81 Atlas Van Lines is 7701, and the '76 -'77 Bud is 7612. PAY 'n PAK and Madison this hull may fit are 7325.

Have a look at the MHR. There are plenty of people in this Scale and Sport Forum that will be glad to answer any additional questions you have. CHEERS !!! Bob

hk1977_0227.jpg

1978Blaster.jpg

hk1976_0231.jpg

30.jpg

1976 U-76 Atlas.jpg

U-6 .jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Bob, that hull won't make the 7325 for three reasons:

1) The picklefork depth is too deap

2) The nontrips extend above the deck where the 7325 nontrips stopped at the deck.

3) The 7325 had a flat topped transom, the kit has an arched one

This tells me the hull COULD make the following based on the pictured picklefork depth and afterplane design:

Last edited by a moderator:
"It's Black - - NO it's white"

Eric's Thread, Mark - I didn't ask for help.

I wasn't aware we had any measurements for this hull so I gave Eric the MHR hull numbers for the hulls he said HE was interested in. I also provided him the reference so he could measure his hull to make an educated decision and progress with his scale boat build.

So the purpose of your post is WHAT????

Use some of that keyboard energy to finish that impressive list: "Under Construction on the Bench". This way you can show us, rather than simply talking about it.

CHEERS !!! Bob

Bob, go back to the opening post and reread it. He asked about the 77 Atlas, 77-78 Bud and the Pak. My last post explained why the hull wouldn't do the 73 Pak and what boats the hull COULD MAKE based on a guestimated picklefork depth and hull shape. I wasn't helping you, just narrowing down the MHR list so Eric could look at other options if so desired. If you have a problem with that, it's your problem and not mine

Latest posts

Back