C.G. for a round nose hydro.......

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Foolwitools

Hi Guys!

Happy New Year!

I'm re-building a late 70's 44" Pinkert round nose. Several of you have helped a lot by answering my questions( Thanks - a - lot!!) and I have been able to find time over the holidays to actually work on the project.

............Got the new flex shaft/ adjustable strut installed. Now it's time to mount servos and radio.

I thought it was time to start thinking about balance too. I have to change the position of the radio equipment because of the new driveline hardware. I have lots of space to play with, so I figured to

use the radio equip. to help balance............

Where should the C.G. be? I know the basic 33% thing, but does anyone have a better starting place?

And then, The fuel tanks are under the foredeck in front of the engine bay. Whomever installed them really wanted them to stay there, so moving them isn't practical. Do I balance the boat with tanks full or dry?

Bob the Fool

:blink:

Hi Guys!

Happy New Year!

I'm re-building a late 70's 44" Pinkert round nose. Several of you have helped a lot by answering my questions( Thanks - a - lot!!) and I have been able to find time over the holidays to actually work on the project.

............Got the new flex shaft/ adjustable strut installed. Now it's time to mount servos and radio.

I thought it was time to start thinking about balance too. I have to change the position of the radio equipment because of the new driveline hardware. I have lots of space to play with, so I figured to

use the radio equip. to help balance............

Where should the C.G. be? I know the basic 33% thing, but does anyone have a better starting place?

And then, The fuel tanks are under the foredeck in front of the engine bay. Whomever installed them really wanted them to stay there, so moving them isn't practical. Do I balance the boat with tanks full or dry?

Bob the Fool

:blink:
What kind of hull is it? I have a Phil thomas hull and I found the best cg to be 3/4" behind the sponsons. It's probably right on the edge with fuel ( I havn't checked) If I were doing it over again I think I would move the motor forward 1/2 "

Back