Budweiser T-3 hull

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bsmtboy2

Supporting Member
Does anyone know what other boats this hull will make ? Who has for sale or who can make them with the cowling and tailfeathers ?

Last edited by a moderator:
Have a look here: http://www.rcboatcompany.com/ScaleHulls.html

MHR 8901 shows various Buds '89 - '97; With modifications: 2006: U-10 Emcor,U-10 Al Deeby Dodge,U-10 Solutions Plus, U-10 Todd Hoss Presents Fairweather Masonry, U-10 Designer Glass and Shower. 2007 U-10 Hoss Mortgage. 2008 U-10 Miss Ahern Rentals, U-10 Miss Dover Environmental, U-10 Hoss Mortgage Investors. CHEERS !!! Bob

I hope you weren't refering to T-2 with the hull number 8701 as it only makes one boat with and three configurations/paint schemes, the red/white/gold with a cowl similar to T-1 (87-89), the more accepted 90-94 cowl that everyone now uses in the red/white/gold and in the all red for it's last race. One thing to remember is that T-2 and T-3 were not identical, only Harry Gatjens knows where all the differences are ;)

Thanks guys, i didn't want a bud paint scheme as it has too many of them out there. I wanted to see what other boats that this hull makes. i am still leaning toward a hull without wings, i don't need the hassle of fixing them again if i get hit.

You could also do the white Elam hydro or the Boeing hydro. A non wing one would be that Leland hull, like the kisw miss rock or there were a lot of other sponsors with that hull you could look at.

I suppose you really need to ask is how accurate do you want it to be and how many modifications are you willing to do? Whether is a T2 or T3 you will still need to make modifications to make anything other than a Budweiser. If you go with a hull from RC Boat Co that's a good start but it will still need to be modified. If you want to make an E-Lam with it in either white or orange there are some things that need to be changed. I had one of those hulls some 6 years ago that was made my Bill Fritz before Steve bought the molds. I've seen a number of different boats made from it including Picos, Madisons, E-Lams. But it's just a matter of how many mods do you want to make.

I don't have time right now to get into all the details, I will fill in more later but, you need to remember that the T-3 was built twice. Once like the T-2 that RCBoat company makes and once more like the T-5 and T-6. The RC boat company boat is the T2, if you want to make the T3 you need to widen the nose and lengthen the flaps. The T2 can be painted either in the Gold or Red configurations but in order to run it in the red configuration you need to put the salt water scoop on it.

As pointed out with minor modificatioons you can make either the Elam or Boeing boats. Other boats require more significan modifications, particularly in the cowling area.

The later version with the newer style cockpit can be modified for many other boats. I do not believe there is any wingless boat, except perhaps damaged ones that you can make.

Thanks for the input Harry, I took a good look at the pics of the Miss Kisw rock and it looked to me it was the T3 hull with the winglets in the rear of the boat. I can't remember which site I saw it on but I like the idea of no wings and that hull . Keep the ideas coming i am all ears.......

"...... I took a good look at the pics of the Miss Kisw rock and it looked to me it was the T3 hull with the winglets in the rear of the boat. I can't remember which site I saw it on but I like the idea of no wings and that hull . Keep the ideas coming........"

KISW/Miss Rock is not listed under the T-3 MHR 8901. I do see MHR 9299 1992 U-99.9 KISW/ Miss Rock, then again '94-'95 U-99.9 KISW/Miss Rock. I don't have a pic as KISW, but the Appian Renegade was also run in 1995 - listed right after the KISW - may be similar paint scheme. This was one of Fred Leland's hulls. Does it look close to what you saw?? Second is 1983 KISW/Miss Rock - this one is MHR 8255. CHEERS !!! Bob

That's what I meant when I said the Miss Kisw Rock. The 1983 one didnt have wings in the back. That 83 hull also ran with other sponsors.

Both of those boats ran with multiple sponsors. I'm sure you know the one without tails is the 8255. The turbine is actually the 9299 hull as seen in 1995.

Sorry Bob, didn't see all of your additional info at the bottom

".... A non wing one would be that Leland hull, like the kisw miss rock or there were a lot of other sponsors with that hull you could look at."

"That's what I meant when I said the Miss Kisw Rock. The 1983 one didnt have wings in the back. That 83 hull also ran with other sponsors."

Jason,

Just so there is no confusion.

** MHR 9299 is/was a Fred Leland hull.

** MHR 8255 was a Karelsen hull.

There were many other hulls that have carried the KISW/Miss Rock logos over the years. There are not that many hulls that have carried a single sponsorship for a number of years - Budweiser - certainly - not many hulls over long periods of time. Elam for a few years - now Spirit of Qatar. A lot of the teams pick up sponsors race to race. Look at how many different sponsors most Unlimited shops have had over the years Pico, T-Plus, Winston, Atlas Van Lines, Bardahl, Circus Circus - - - Then you have those boats with many sponsors over their service life: Ms. Pog, Tubby's Subs, Deja Vu,Roy O'Brien Ford. Bottom line - If a sponsor coughs up American green backs - - his logo goes on the hull. CHEERS !!! Bob

Ohh, well that would explain it. That's right I forgot karelsen did make that hull. When he said the non wing boats the 83 miss rock came to mind. Guess what wrote did seem a bit confusing.

Back