Bud t-4 Baker hull

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SayMikey

I have a Bud t-4 2 wing Baker hull. Is he around still? I need some setup help engine location and cg .Also anyone got some good pics, included is a set of canard wings never seen that setup before and i want to run without rear horz wing...... any help THANKS.....Mike

HAHAHAHA!!!!!!! I thought I was the only one that liked to cause trouble. Mikey, dont you at least have to make it look like it could have wings? haha, sorry, couldnt resist Ken

HAHAHAHA!!!!!!! I thought I was the only one that liked to cause trouble. Mikey, dont you at least have to make it look like it could have wings? haha, sorry, couldnt resist Ken
Holy SNOCKERZ it will have all its wings but it will be in front of the pack and no Ken not laps down.....Mikey

Holy SNOCKERZ it will have all its wings but it will be in front of the pack and no Ken not laps down.....Mikey
That boat DID run without the rear wing and if I remember Steve Ball already made a comment on this.

"Have a pic and documentation you can run it" The 1995 final heat in Madison ,the only time the T-4 raced. The t-4 went out without a rear horizontal wing on it and raced . There is not one word in IMPBA rule book under the scale rules that stated Race like or qualified like. "Steve Ball if you read this please comment" Because I may show up this season with a T4 without a rear wing on it. I want this can of worms to be put into the can in Jan, not June. I have the pic and I have the documentation. That is what the IMPBA's natioal scale director said you had to have per the IMPBA scale rules, to make a legal scale. Along with the other out-lined rules in the rule book! I am going to E-mail a copy of this transaction to Steve Ball for a comment i"Sorry Mike to get off on a different tangent" Doug Shepherd Madison,In

Last edited:
That boat DID run without the rear wing and if I remember Steve Ball already made a comment on this.

"Have a pic and documentation you can run it" The 1995 final heat in Madison ,the only time the T-4 raced. The t-4 went out without a rear horizontal wing on it and raced . There is not one word in IMPBA rule book under the scale rules that stated Race like or qualified like. "Steve Ball if you read this please comment" Because I my show up this season with a T4 without a rear wing on it. I have the pic and I have the documentation. "Sorry Mike to get off on a different tangent" Doug Shepherd Madison,In
What can of worms? I have seen the picture Doug has and it was taken from the Ohio River Bridge looking down on it What about the Winston Eagle when it qualified in Detroit with out its rear wing? Or how about the Tide how many different changes could you put on it?? The IMPBA needs to improve the 1/8 scale rules maybe copy RCU or something so we could end can of worm problems…

I wanna stoke this argument. Its just for fun though. There are quite a few real boats that have lost wings during the heat. Maybe I can take my wings off too, kinda pretend they broke off. Just gotta bring the video or something to prove it, huh?

I had the Madison race 1995 on tape that Doug is talking about. I think it got taped over, dang it.

Regardless i watched it many times. The

Bud t4 broke 2 horizontal wings in the prelim heats and didn't have any spares after losing 2. They ran the next heat ( and the final) without the horizontal. In fact one of the verticals blew off in the final too.

Maybe i'll look for that tape again.. :)

Definitely a grey area in the rules.

Steve please comment.

Brian

(looking for a pic of a wingless PICO)

Last edited by a moderator:
I wanna stoke this argument. Its just for fun though. There are quite a few real boats that have lost wings during the heat. Maybe I can take my wings off too, kinda pretend they broke off. Just gotta bring the video or something to prove it, huh?

I had the Madison race 1994 on tape that Doug is talking about. I think it got taped over, dang it.

Bud t4 broke 2 horizontal wings in the prelim heats and didn't have any spares after losing 2. They ran the next heat ( might have been the final) without the horizontal.

Steve please comment.

Brian

Back to the top im looking for pics and setup tips.....

I had the Madison race 1994 on tape that Doug is talking about. I think it got taped over, dang it.

Bud t4 broke 2 horizontal wings in the prelim heats and didn't have any spares after losing 2. They ran the next heat ( might have been the final) without the horizontal.

Steve please comment.

Brian

Back to the top im looking for pics and setup tips.....
P/m me your direct e-mail, I've got pics, built 2 T-4's over the years..... ;)

I found the tape. WOW. no less than 5 boats had wing damage and raced without some component of their wings, including the wellness plan which ran a Pico horizontal. All of these boats could in theory run in this configuration if you go with that train of thought.

Mike I have the tape if you would like to see it. Nice transom shots too.

Brian

I found the tape. WOW. no less than 5 boats had wing damage and raced without some component of their wings, including the wellness plan which ran a Pico horizontal. All of these boats could in theory run in this configuration if you go with that train of thought.

Mike I have the tape if you would like to see it. Nice transom shots too.

Brian
"No theory here", Just going by the way 1970's IMPBA scale rules read !!!!

Last edited:
Actually the T-4 ran in the final without it's left upright also so technically you could race it running with just its right upright.

I have some pictures of the T-4 on display in San Diego with the front wing mounted just before it was sold.

The last picture is of Bernie Little at his last race in San Diego.

https://www.intlwaters.com/gallery/displayimage...tup&cat=0&pos=3

https://www.intlwaters.com/gallery/displayimage...tup&cat=0&pos=2

https://www.intlwaters.com/gallery/displayimage...tup&cat=0&pos=1

https://www.intlwaters.com/gallery/displayimage...tup&cat=0&pos=0

Yep, that is right. It raced with only one upright, just before it got DQ'ed, although it started the heat with both.

The T4 was then used for a display boat for awhile. It got the front wing only for display purposes.

Brian

Yep, that is right. It raced with only one upright, just before it got DQ'ed, although it started the heat with both.

The T4 was then used for a display boat for awhile. It got the front wing only for display purposes.

Brian
I may be wrong but I believe it only was tested with the two small 1/2 canard wings on the insides of front sponsons. I have pics of it on trailer that way but none running.............. :unsure:

Brian
I may be wrong but I believe it only was tested with the two small 1/2 canard wings on the insides of front sponsons. I have pics of it on trailer that way but none running.............. :unsure:
Yes, when it first came out it had a mini wing on each side. Don Mock and I looked at that and thought "buoy magnets" for a model. They tried them for a while and then took them off. Ran without them the rest of the year. The big front wing was put on for race cofiguration but they never raced it after that was done.

If I was gong to run one, I would put the mini wings on, just because they were so unusual. I would also have several spares in my toolbox for all the times I would know them off.

Fortunately though, I have just finished a brand new 1994 T-3 so I won't have to worry about any front wings.

Harry

DENNIS!!!!! your ALIVE!!!!!! haha, just kidding, do you still have that 40 round nose, tell me when you get tired of looking at it. sorry to steal your post mikey, you can still build your wingless bud haha. Ken

DENNIS!!!!! your ALIVE!!!!!! haha, just kidding, do you still have that 40 round nose, tell me when you get tired of looking at it. sorry to steal your post mikey, you can still build your wingless bud haha. Ken
Ken you want a roundnose sport 40 i have one just like the one Dennis has call me.....ha ha ha wheres da BUD.................Mikey

Back