Bud "born on" decal

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

harvknox

I did not want to steal someone elses thread,but some of you other scale nuts look at the thread entitled "rudder setup left or right whats best? started by Ozzy Hillbilly,post #10.The second photo shows what looks like a 70's or early 80's possibly Griffon Bud.It has a "born on" decal on the transom.I thought the T-5 was the first Bud to use the "born on" decal.Photos I have of the T-4 had a square decal with Bud on it.I haven't noticed anything on early Bud photos.Can someone educate me on this?

Harvey Liberman

I did not want to steal someone elses thread,but some of you other scale nuts look at the thread entitled "rudder setup left or right whats best? started by Ozzy Hillbilly,post #10.The second photo shows what looks like a 70's or early 80's possibly Griffon Bud.It has a "born on" decal on the transom.I thought the T-5 was the first Bud to use the "born on" decal.Photos I have of the T-4 had a square decal with Bud on it.I haven't noticed anything on early Bud photos.Can someone educate me on this?Harvey Liberman
Here is when it all started ******** Clearly marking the date of manufacture on bottles is so unusual, in fact, that Anheuser-Busch turned date-labeling into a massive marketing campaign. In 1996, the giant brewer began putting plain-English "born on dates" on bottles and cans of Budweiser. Ads for Bud touted the beer's freshness.*********

I did not want to steal someone elses thread,but some of you other scale nuts look at the thread entitled "rudder setup left or right whats best? started by Ozzy Hillbilly,post #10.The second photo shows what looks like a 70's or early 80's possibly Griffon Bud.It has a "born on" decal on the transom.I thought the T-5 was the first Bud to use the "born on" decal.Photos I have of the T-4 had a square decal with Bud on it.I haven't noticed anything on early Bud photos.Can someone educate me on this?Harvey Liberman
Here is when it all started ******** Clearly marking the date of manufacture on bottles is so unusual, in fact, that Anheuser-Busch turned date-labeling into a massive marketing campaign. In 1996, the giant brewer began putting plain-English "born on dates" on bottles and cans of Budweiser. Ads for Bud touted the beer's freshness.*********

Not certain, but I think the picture is of the Griffon Bud now at the Museum. I think they added a born on date even though it wasn't there on the real boat. The reason I guess this is if you look at the Budweiser logo on the crane it is clearly a picture shot in the years after 2002.

Last edited by a moderator:

Not certain, but I think the picture is of the Griffon Bud now at the Museum. I think they added a born on date even though it wasn't there on the real boat. The reason I guess this is if you look at the Budweiser logo on the crane it is clearly a picture shot in the years after 2002.

Thanks Harry and Mike I knew someone could educate me!

Harvey

Back