Boat porposes at full throttle

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sport hydro

I have a Phil Thomas 8100 hull (1994 Smokin Joe's). Center section is off set right, strut and prop are centered under hull 1 1/4 below bottom. CMB 67 greenhead w/ pipe at 12". I tried a X457/3 and a 1455/3 cupped 3.45. The boat runs flat and smooth at 3/4 throttle or less. Anything above that and it starts to hop on the water from front to back. What can I do to stop the hop? I tried changing the strut depth in both directions with some change but not stopping it. I tried adjusting the front wings up and down with no change. I ran out of time but was thinking of trying a X457/2 blade or P245/ 2 blade.

I helped a buddy set one up and we had to really drop the strut. It was rocking on the sponsons x457x3 works good

You might try a prop that has less lift. Try setting the strut at the same depth as the sponsons, try a 3 to 4 degree angle on the strut. If you have one, try a Prather 250 prop. The Prather props dont have much lift to them. In other words, they wont lift the rear of the hull as much as the X series props.

Back