Blazer sp .40 hardware?

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ron Jefferson

What are you guys using on this boat for hardware? Turnfin, rudder etc. The kit says speedmaster 40 size rudder but I was wondering if I could get away with .21 size. Send pics if you have any.

Thanks, Ron

you could get away with a 20 mono rudder, but not the 20 hydro rudder (Speedmaster).

Hey Ron I used the rudder that Brian recommended and then shortened it that was a mistake,yes it was faster but it blew off all the time because the nose wasn't getting planted I am running a rudder with a full lenght of 5" and the pick up is 1 3/8 from pick up to bottom of rudder. I also tried the Mike Hughes turn fin and the Dick Tyndall fin but nothing worked as good as Brians turn fin. Not saying the others didn't work but Brians was bette. Now I am not a big racer as you are but I am one of the first people to run Brians Whiplash sport 40. Again that doesn't mean anything but I have been running this hull for a while now. I also run a X450/3 with an OPS 45 and a Cooper pipe set at 10 3/4 with 60% fuel. Hope this helps Jerry

Jerry,

What rudder does he actually recommend? Maybe I should check with Brian himself...

Ron

Latest posts

Back