Blazer Lauderbach build help

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have not built one David but bought a nice one that was built by Bruce Lykins? Roxy Flash on here or the Dock. If you want pictures I can send to your e-mail.

Glenn

I built one about 5 years ago, its a slow process, many parts, its goes together well, just have to make sure everything is fit prior to gluing the parts, test fit first and do it twice, Roxy flash has built many he would be the Go To guy, or the Dad and even Brian him self, the Blazers are always willing to help their fellow boaters just shout it out to them

I have been out of town (Nawlins baby) for a week but I'm back now so if you have any questions give me a call, or email me. I am sure I can help you out.

Bob "The Dad" Blazer 513-519-0133

Hey Bob "The Dad Blazer", thank you for your help! Pretty impressive to get a call from the manufacturer with help!

I am very impressed!

Dave

Built one as a rookie, easy kit to build just alot of parts but well worth it, boat runs on rails and likes wind a chop

I added a few more stringers for the front deck area to help keep the deck sheeting from oil canning. Because the deck sheeting has to conform to multiple bends, I pre bent the plywood by soaking in warm/hot water and clamping it in place.This helps eliminate the stress on the plywood when trying to clamp the sheeting in place when gluing. Allow the plywood to dry thoroughly before gluing. I also added material to the top and bottom of the bow piece for more gluing area. This can help prevent the top and bottom sheeting from splitting open should you hit something. I would also suggest adding a stringer in the aft section along the bottom edge where the hull side meets the bottom. I used a 10 ounce Sullivan gas fuel tank instead of a bag. The tank fits nicely under the deck and between the bulkheads. I glued some 1/16 plywood rails between the bulkheads to keep the tank from moving sideways. If you elect to use a tank, you would want to position these rails before gluing on the deck. The build of the kit is time consuming but the results are worth it. The boat will perform real well.

Latest posts

Back