Birth of a new boat

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The pedals are:

Right.............Accelerator pedal

Center..........Canard control pedal

Left...............Hardmounted footrest, probably for Steve to push himself back in the seat when being strapped in.

I would expect to see the 8806 hull on the water as the Oberto in 2007. I just hope it's not retired when the new hull's finished.

It wouldn't make much sense to strip the old boat until the new one is finished. If the new one isn't ready in time for the season, Madison wouldn't have a boat to race with. I've also heard rumors that the U-25 team has an interest in the 8806 hull, but until it's verified by someone in the know..................................

Last edited:
It wouldn't make much sense to strip the old boat until the new one is finished. If the new one isn't ready in time for the season, Madison wouldn't have a boat to race with. I've also heard rumors that the U-25 team has an interest in the 8806 hull, but until it's verified by someone in the know..................................
THE u-25 TEAM is in full swing. http://www.u21racing.com/gallery/construct...tructionLog.htm
It's interesting to se the 2 different shops. You can tell which one has deep pockets. I can't imagine what the Bud shop must have looked like. I think this years season looks like it's shaping up to be another good one. Just hope the sponsors step up to the plate.

The U21 team I thought had already started on a new hull. Were they looking for 8806 as a backup?

Uh............Mike, I think you are mixing up the U-25 and U-21 teams. The U-21 is based in San Diego CA while the U-25 team is in Burien WA.

The pedals are:Right.............Accelerator pedal

Center..........Canard control pedal

Left...............Hardmounted footrest, probably for Steve to push himself back in the seat when being strapped in.

I would expect to see the 8806 hull on the water as the Oberto in 2007. I just hope it's not retired when the new hull's finished.

The center and left pedals are actually both Canard pedals. Usually the center pedal is for UP wing and the left pedal is for

Down wing. When you let off both pedals the Canard should theoretically come back to the neutral position.

Speaking of the 25 did Ken buy all of Jim Harvey's stuff or what?
Last season the Doc leased Harvey's operation, with his own crew handling everything. I'm not up on what's going on now, though I'll see what I can dig up this weekend. There is an R/C hydro show at the HARM on Sunday, so I'll do some inquiring.

Wait until you see the NEW U-21. It will be the exact same as the new U-6. I've

been given a little creative freedom for the paint scheme. Just finished the paint

job on the display boat (AUSSIE ENDEAVOR). Can't post pictures for a couple more

weeks. It is unlike any Unlimited paint scheme that I can recall. WOW it's bright!!

Happily I can say it's not red or yellow.

Wait until you see the NEW U-21. It will be the exact same as the new U-6. I'vebeen given a little creative freedom for the paint scheme. Just finished the paint

job on the display boat (AUSSIE ENDEAVOR). Can't post pictures for a couple more

weeks. It is unlike any Unlimited paint scheme that I can recall. WOW it's bright!!

Happily I can say it's not red or yellow.
Come on, hows about a little early peek....we won't say anything ;)

Speaking of the 25 did Ken buy all of Jim Harvey's stuff or what?
Last season the Doc leased Harvey's operation, with his own crew handling everything. I'm not up on what's going on now, though I'll see what I can dig up this weekend. There is an R/C hydro show at the HARM on Sunday, so I'll do some inquiring.
From what I was told last night, the Doc hasn't got anything firmed up yet as far as getting a boat goes, so stay tuned and we will all see ;)

Back