Best Prop Sport 40?

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sprayback

Hi Gents,

What are the fastest props for a Phil Thomas sport 40?

I will be running at the Jackson, TN IMPBA track.

Much Appreciated!

Sprayback, Depends allot on the motor your using,,otherwise boaters would have

to list about 16 different props here

But, If I could have only one prop, it would be the Prather 240,,but that's me :huh:

( the fastest I've used was the Octura 1455 )

Last edited by a moderator:

But, If I could have only one prop, it would be the Prather 240,,but that's me :huh:

The list of good props to use are many and it all depends on your setup, motor and pipe combo as well as driving style. I for many years loved to run a Octura 450 - 3 blade but not in stock form. I am now running a 452 two blade and seem to like that, Have ran many others.

Can you give us some more info?

Ron

The list of good props to use are many and it all depends on your setup, motor and pipe combo as well as driving style. I for many years loved to run a Octura 450 - 3 blade but not in stock form. I am now running a 452 two blade and seem to like that, Have ran many others.

Can you give us some more info?

Ron
Without a doubt its a 1455 cut the toungue, and pitch it till it rips mid 50s most times.But too much pitch and you junk it so pitch it slow. If you want a bolt on try a x450 will get you near 50.....Mike

Octura x646/3 with about as much cup in it as you can get. Ran one from Mark Sholund on a Thomas SS45 with a MAC45 & parabolic pipe, consistent mid to upper 50's on radar with awesome acceleration. B)

Octura x646/3 with about as much cup in it as you can get. Ran one from Mark Sholund on a Thomas SS45 with a MAC45 & parabolic pipe, consistent mid to upper 50's on radar with awesome acceleration. B)

I tried a 646/3 from Mark as well and it just didnt do it for me although I run the Mac 45 and the same hull.

The reason I tried it was because of our phone conversation way back before the 2004 Internats. Its funny how it works for one but not the other, and shows it just depends on your particular setup and power combo

Ron

Last edited:
Spray,

A 1455,X-450/2 w/5.29" of cup,X-646/3 w/5.29" of cup,X-447/3 w/5.00" of cup,or a reduced

X-450/3. Their are many others,but these are a sample of what gets ordered from my

customers. Most will get you in the 50's without too much trouble,and the real trick is to not

put on too much cup and shorten your pipe until your motor spins to the moon. :D The easiest

of the bunch is a pitched X-450/2,with a short pipe you will see 60 MPH if your set up is right.

Have Fun,

Mark Sholund

I tried a 646/3 from Mark as well and it just didnt do it for me although I run the Mac 45 and the same hull.

The reason I tried it was because of our phone conversation way back before the 2004 Internats. Its funny how it works for one but not the other, and shows it just depends on your particular setup and power combo

Ron
Absolutely. You had front radio box right? I used that prop on all three SS45's I built over a 4 year period & it kicked butt on all 3.

Fellow 40's,

I bought my Phil Thomas Kellogg's boat used from this forum a year ago but have

yet to get it in the water as I have been learning the ropes with an HTB .21 (For Sale)

However, I am really looking forward to ripin' up the lake.

The motor is a PIP w/Parabolic pipe - Modified by my friend Mr. Charles Perdue.

The radio box is located mid ways of the hull.

The gas tank is plastic and is located in the very front.

I would like to purchase an Octura 1455 and an X-450/2 to start with if anyone has them.

Also, can new props be purchased with modifications. If not what type of machine do I need

to do these modifications and what degree of difficulty are they to operate.

Roostertails,

Sprayback

Back