bby war eagle sport 2 hull

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i know roger hooks senior was running one at the gran prix but i was unable to attend. i was hoping he or his son could give some info on his boat. maybe some pics?

I've seen two brand new ones and new condition they are a lot of work to even get them to their preping stage to be primered. The cowling needs to be fitted as well. If your buying a new one and don't see it first hand prepare to do a lot of filling and sanding for hours! When my friend bought his he about crapped his pants at how bad it looked. I think he invested $1,000 in it and it needed days and days of work, he sold it for $500!

A guy in Hawaii had a pretty nice one on ebay that sold but it to looked like a project.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey Guys,

I've got the one from Hawaii.Nice Boat. That one is a 40 carbon/glass boat. And yep,there's no shortage of things to do.But, alot is done.Strut,stuffing tube,rudder,cowls trimmed,Motor mounts are in (although no good,there for a 20).Servo platforms are done.Etc... But,no prep for paint yet.

The boat looks pretty interesting and should (?) run good with a nice Mac 45 in it,although the 40 is not legal in IMPBA.It is legal for NAMBA. They've got the Winston Eagle grafics for it also.

The boat was brand new and I bought it for $255.I figured it was worth playing with for that much.

Later,

Walt

i know roger hooks senior was running one at the gran prix but i was unable to attend. i was hoping he or his son could give some info on his boat. maybe some pics?

Yes, I do have a bby sport hydro. I got it from Randy Naylor in exchange for a paint job that my son did for him. At first I set the boat up to the plans that came with the boat. With a Picco 45 the boat was fast down the straight away but would fly off the water and flip over in the turns. After taking the boat apart and setting up the the way I usually set my boats up I was able to keep it on the water and not flip over in the turns. I still haven't got all the problems worked out to do some real racing. Now, when I have the time I need to get the boat set up right to handle the turns. It runs great as long as there are no other boats on the water. When the water gets choppy from other boats on the water it will spins out in the turns. I have only raced my boat two times and that was at the Gran Prix just to see how it would handle with other boat on the water. Yes this boat will take a lot of work to get it to run good enough to race against other boats.

Yes this hull can be a bear to get set up. I went from a slow boat to a very fast race winner. The corners are still a issue and I don't know yet how I'm gonna fix it. Still for a new boat just hitting the water last year and our limited race season in 16 I should have her dialed in for this year and win more races.

Back