BARNEY ARMSTRONGS Machine

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

K.R.Joye

I'm thinking of doing an 1/8th scale of the `picklefork version' of U-96 BARNEY ARMSTRONGS Machine. I believe its scale Hull rooster #7495. I need some good Pics, Paint Codes, driver history etc. Especially need a pic of the rear cowl, unique vertical center wing & upright cross-wing supports. Big Thanks for your help guys!

Last edited by a moderator:
This Pic is the version i'm looking for information on

Attachments

• barney_armstrongs_machine_seattle_1978_2_gc_thumb.jpg
    barney_armstrongs_machine_seattle_1978_2_gc_thumb.jpg
    7.3 KB · Views: 0
"This Pic is the version i'm looking for information on"

HEY K.R.,

The Master Hull Roster identifies this version as the 1979 U-96 Barney Armstrong's Machine. The hull raced twice in this livery: 19JUL79 Columbia Cup Tri-Cities finished 4th; and 5AUG79 Squire Seafair Trophy Seattle finished 5th.

Chris Denslow's site covers 1979 Columbia Cup, but the livery shown there is the 1978 version. I don't have any pics of that specific paint scheme, but here are a couple pics that may help. CHEERS !!! Bob

Thanks Bob thats the one im looking for! Also need a pic of the Top of Wing to get graphics & U-96 font.

KR,

Not sure if you would be interested, but - have that framing kit available if you are planning a wood build! Thanks, Mike

" Also need a pic of the Top of Wing to get graphics & U-96 font."

Hey K.R.,

Now you're just plain getting lucky. I went back through my 7495 pics again and found this one showing font of the U-96 on the horizontal wing. Not sure which livery it is - same two blue stripes on the deck (as in third pic attached earlier), but this shot from behind has a three word name on the sponsons that I can't make out. CHEERS !!! Bob

I'm thinking that's the Norm Pressely Truck Center or Miss Orange County, though it's hard to say from that angle

Latest posts

Back