Aquacraft hydros?

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TOM MOORE

Is the aquacraft 18 hydro legal to run in impba sport 20 class? lenth is 30 inches beam is 13.8"

wonder what it would do with a nova 21 or cmb in it :blink:

Tom

Raced with an O.S. .21 VZM in my Vegas this summer in the Sport 20 class, it was tremendous fun! :)

Russ

Is the aquacraft 18 hydro legal to run in impba sport 20 class? length is 30 inches beam is 13.8"
wonder what it would do with a nova 21 or cmb in it :blink:

Tom

chuck its being worked on for club races.also run across impba for class.Don knows more than i do.

Last edited by a moderator:
don if i put a rossi 21 in my vegas hull is it ok if i cut the cowl for pipe for sport 20 it is rear exaust that goes beside motor. :p

Raced with an O.S. .21 VZM in my Vegas this summer in the Sport 20 class, it was tremendous fun! :)

Russ

Ive seen Russ's boat run at Mendota this year, ran very well with the 21, very competitive with other sport 20's. Didnt look like too much work to put a 21 in it.

Larry Jr.

Vegas Racers

To mod the boat I would recommend

Your favorite 21 (OS for me)

Your favorite pipe (CMB TT for me)

and

pop in a set of rails, vibo motor mount, 8 oz fuel cell. 187 cable W/.187 stub and use the same (new) strut, strut bushing and rudder. Put on a Grim turn fin and let her rip. The sponson AOA is shallow and because of this the boat handles the 21 no problem.

Having said this I did race one this last summer with an OS18 in it and it was a 45mph boat. I had to pull the wings off if it to get the CG right for that little motor but it was not slow. BTY that was with the .125” stub and X435 prop and OPS 3280 pipe.

For 2007 I have been setting up a new one with all kinds of new hardware. I have a new simplified carbon fiber/vibo motor mount in it and a new front radio box that I laser cut. I will be using the OS 18 again but have not yet setup a pipe for it.

Grim

grim when will u have those parts out in market to buy.or are they out now.

i bought your turnfin for the boat very nice

Sorry man. it this time no plans to update the boat (again) or offer new HP parts.... The parts im making for my boat are one off test parts.

Thanks for asking

ROCK ON

Grim

If im not mistaken the strut is on the back of the transom, would it have to be moved to come out the bottom of the hull to make it impba legal? i know you can run the strut off the back of the transom in namba, i wish the 2 organazations would get there heads together and have the same rule for both. Just my 2 cents.

Happy Holidays Tom

I think you might have that backwards. NAMBA rules appear to prohibit rear mounted struts for all sport hydro classes. IMPBA is the one with the kludge, different rule for different sizes, and who can't seem to learn to standardize within the organization or with other organizations. Sport 20 in IMPBA can have rear mounted struts, but sport 40 can't.

Vegas Racers
To mod the boat I would recommend:

Your favorite 21 (OS for me)

Your favorite pipe (CMB TT for me)

and pop in a set of rails, vibo motor mount, 8 oz fuel cell. 187 cable W/.187 stub and use the same (new) strut, strut bushing and rudder. Put on a Grim turn fin and let her rip.
What is a "vibo motor mount"? Is it a brand or type?

Last edited:
If im not mistaken the strut is on the back of the transom, would it have to be moved to come out the bottom of the hull to make it impba legal? i know you can run the strut off the back of the transom in namba, i wish the 2 organazations would get there heads together and have the same rule for both. Just my 2 cents.
Happy Holidays Tom
Tom you are mistaken the strut can not be mounted on the transom in NAMBA and that would not make much difference because the Miss Vegas has other things that would need to be changed besides the strut location that would make it more trouble than it was worth to make it NAMBA legal in Sport 20.

Tom you are mistaken the strut can not be mounted on the transom in NAMBA and that would not make much difference because the Miss Vegas has other things that would need to be changed besides the strut location that would make it more trouble than it was worth to make it NAMBA legal in Sport 20.

Hold the phone...... Everything above and everything that I have read elsewhere says that the strut is the ONLY problem!

Please ELABORATE!

Back