Approx Weights

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Andy Greene

Trying to get an idea where I'm going to end up weight wise on my Atlas after the bottom mods(that work is 80% done-so I know where I'm at now). As of now I dont have a motor and pipe and some incidentals to actually weigh, so here I am. Approx how much weight are we adding to a hull that only has -stuff tube/bare radio box and rudder assem. installed ?? Ball park is fine- no need to break out the scales-LOL :rolleyes:

Figure on- .67 engine/pipe /header- fuel tank(tanks)/ radio gear/servo's-( I usually run a 7 cell hump rec pack) prop/ flex shaft ext....

Thanks in advance, ;)

Andy

Last edited by a moderator:
Trying to get an idea where I'm going to end up weight wise on my Atlas after the bottom mods(that work is 80% done-so I know where I'm at now). As of now I dont have a motor and pipe and some incidentals to actually weigh, so here I am. Approx how much weight are we adding to a hull that only has -stuff tube/bare radio box and rudder assem. installed ?? Ball park is fine- no need to break out the scales-LOL :rolleyes: Figure on- .67 engine/pipe /header- fuel tank(tanks)/ radio gear/servo's-( I usually run a 7 cell hump rec pack) prop/ flex shaft ext....

Thanks in advance, ;)

Andy
12 to 16 lbs, alot depends on the type of hull, if this is your Atlas, you DONT want most of the weight at the transom.

My 83 U-1 is heavy at about 18lbs. but run's great!! also I am sure you ment a 5 cell RX pack..lol Joe know's my Atlas, who posted above, I have Karl's old boat,

Trying to get an idea where I'm going to end up weight wise on my Atlas after the bottom mods(that work is 80% done-so I know where I'm at now). As of now I dont have a motor and pipe and some incidentals to actually weigh, so here I am. Approx how much weight are we adding to a hull that only has -stuff tube/bare radio box and rudder assem. installed ?? Ball park is fine- no need to break out the scales-LOL :rolleyes: Figure on- .67 engine/pipe /header- fuel tank(tanks)/ radio gear/servo's-( I usually run a 7 cell hump rec pack) prop/ flex shaft ext....

Thanks in advance, ;)

Andy

Bare Hull + about 5.5# for running gear, paint will add another 1/2#+ :eek:

D Jensen

Thanks in advance, ;)

Andy
12 to 16 lbs, alot depends on the type of hull, if this is your Atlas, you DONT want most of the weight at the transom.
I'm not looking for a completed weight- well sorta - I want to know how much I'm "adding" to the existing package as I stand. No motor/pipe/radio gear or fuel-

Right know with only the rudder/bare radio box/turn fin and stuff tube- I'm approx 7 3/4 to 8 lbs. Joe, I would like you to take a look at where I'm at on the bottom mod's this weekend if you don't mind ?? Rick actually said it looks OKAY so far- but its hard to tell in pic's. ;)

Andy

Thanks in advance, ;)

Andy

Bare Hull + about 5.5# for running gear, paint will add another 1/2#+ :eek:

D Jensen
Okay so lets call that 6lbs- that puts me close to 14lbs total- less fuel- not bad then yes ??

Thanks PakMan.......

Andy

Just build the dang thing & quit worrying about the silly S#%^TYour working on a model boat, not the space shuttle
OMG!! Rick that was FUNNY!! My sides still hurt from laughing! :p

A guy named Finch told me a long time ago weight is not always a bad thing......

....... I can't begin to tell how often that statement has been on the mark. B)

Just build the dang thing & quit worrying about the silly S#%^TYour working on a model boat, not the space shuttle
Geeze, THANKS- Rick- One fricking week off the "Ray Board" and you bump me right back- <_<

**** good thing your too chicken to come to the 2 day before the Fall Nat's - I'd slap all the shzt laying in the garage into the boat and come find your azz - like you said- "quit worrying about the silly S#%^T" -

Better get in lane ten- I'm not worried about paint now ;) ;) ;) ;) ;)

Can't wait to say "hey" :p :p :p :p :p :p

Andy

"Better get in lane ten- I'm not worried about paint now"
Neither am I! I know how to redo it.

So, don't try to intimidate my Ars
Me ??? intimidate you - :lol:

Must have touched a cord- ;)

Geeze, I can't even get one wet yet and your drilling me- cant wait to run with ya :rolleyes: Maybe sometime in 2010 at this rate.....

By the way, good thing you didn't call me out on the "break out the stuff in the garage" post- Bout the best I could of done was tossed the neighbors cat in and hoped for the best !!!!

Sent you a PM about the Jenny Craig thing :rolleyes:

Andy

andy.since you and rick can't play nice i will be making that trip sat morning.if any body in brandon wants to buy a very nice sport 20 of ricks it will be in my trailer to look at..price is very very good!!!!!

Back