Anybody looking for a 1/8 Fritz Shovelnose?

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Glenn 787

A guy in my district has a new, undrilled 1/8 scale Fritz shovelnose hydroplane for sale. He was going to build the Miss Timex but changed his mind. Beautiful glass work with a carbon/kevlar weave on the running surfaces.....very light!

He's asking $500.00

Sorry Mike, thought you took a pass on it after the Minden race.

Good thing "Money Talks" (Alfred) wasn't interested or you'd be like "BS Walks" (Lorenzo) :lol: :lol:

Did you hear that story? It's really funny unless your Lorenzo :lol:

How can I get one? Have you got a email for Fritz? Is he only in to shovel noses?

Thank you

Joe

No I didn't take a pass on it....ding dong Jeff forgot to tell me he brought it with him and I split on Sunday while he was knee deep in cleaning boats and we missed each other. We have since talked and I'm picking it up from him this weekend. My God! What the hell am I doing with a shovelnose with all these turbine boats in my shop?! Actually my son wants a shovelnose ever since I let him drive the Buzzard a couple of months ago. Funny thing is he can drive the crap out of it you better look out Glenn he'll be driving in scale next year! I heard about Alfred and Lorenzo......all you can say is.... that's Alfred!

Last edited by a moderator:
No I didn't take a pass on it....ding dong Jeff forgot to tell me he brought it with him and I split on Sunday while he was knee deep in cleaning boats and we missed each other. We have since talked and I'm picking it up from him this weekend. My God! What the hell am I doing with a shovelnose with all these turbine boats in my shop?! Actually my son wants a shovelnose ever since I let him drive the Buzzard a couple of months ago. Funny thing is he can drive the crap out of it you better look out Glenn he'll be driving in scale next year! I heard about Alfred and Lorenzo......all you can say is.... that's Alfred!
Its a great boat and runs good to i got 4th 2 years in a row at the impba nats and a double in concourse.Just dont touch the sponsons leave them plain and it will rock

Well I've got it in hand now. I forgot how killer Bill's glasswork is. Had one of his '94 Bud hulls for a while and I'm bummed I sold it. Shame he doesn't have those molds anymore.

Well I've got it in hand now. I forgot how killer Bill's glasswork is. Had one of his '94 Bud hulls for a while and I'm bummed I sold it. Shame he doesn't have those molds anymore.
yep the round nose hull is gone,if he ever redid it a 5 inch wide center would help stop the cramped area but it all still fits. Good luck what paint scheme you going to do?.....Mike

Who would up with the molds?? Is Bill now completely out of building scales?? :blink:

I heard he sold all except one. Some guy in the southeast like the Carolinas or something bought them and apparently isn't interested in building boats to sell. From what I hear Bill still has the molds to do the 7-11. I haven't figured out which paint scheme to do yet. It has a Red Man PS from Roger that came with it but I'm looking at the Timex and couple of old Bud hulls.

I heard he sold all except one. Some guy in the southeast like the Carolinas or something bought them and apparently isn't interested in building boats to sell..............
That's a shame. :(
Good news from Bill Fritz all he sold was the round nose and bent wing Circus molds. If anyone is interested in a Fritz hull email me directly and i will see what i can do. Bill said he is not sure if he is going to build any new molds,he thinks the scale class is stale right now. I told him we are alive and doing well and in need of more good hulls Mikey

Hey Mike did your boat come with a glass radio box to fit into that hole cut in the bottom? By the way how did you set yours up under there? Any chance you could shoot me some pics?

Hey Mike did your boat come with a glass radio box to fit into that hole cut in the bottom? By the way how did you set yours up under there? Any chance you could shoot me some pics?
I used to have a pattern for the Fritz roundnose for making the sidewalls that turned that bottom opening into your radio box but can't find them. That is the only real way to go as that area is already so small you'll be hard pressed to fit any kind of seperate box it there. :ph34r:

I used to have a pattern for the Fritz roundnose for making the sidewalls that turned that bottom opening into your radio box but can't find them. That is the only real way to go as that area is already so small you'll be hard pressed to fit any kind of seperate box it there. :ph34r:
My Phil Thomas round nose scale was just like that but I sold it to Chris Atterberry, I think Glenn owns it now? Maybe he can send a picture to help you out.

My Phil Thomas round nose scale was just like that but I sold it to Chris Atterberry, I think Glenn owns it now? Maybe he can send a picture to help you out.
One word nitemare,i tried the under the front box even made a glass one. In the end i gave up and built a wood box around 14 inches long to go in the rear with the pipe along side. I used a carbon piece to help keep heat off the box. 2 12 ounch tanks under the front for fuel, the pocket tank thing was not enough fuel and i found a leak in one of the pockets. My KINGDOM for 5 inch center.....Mikey

We've got a guy here with a Bardahl out of this hull and he made it work but same problem with the fuel. He barely makes a finish. I had sone concerns about that hole in the bottom anyway...make that area way too flexible.

Back