Anybody Know 'Bout This Thing

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jerry Wyss

A friend has bought this motor and has asked me if it was any good and I told

him that I haven't seen one before.

Want to know if you can still get parts for the powerhead and if the lower is any

good to use.

Want to know if you can still get parts for the powerhead and if the lower is any

good to use.
I think that is all stuff from Hyperformance. I know the lower is on the hyperprod web site (bullet drive?) but I can't tell you anything about it. Is it a 4 or 6 bolt powerhead? That's all I can tell you from the pic.

On a side note: you want to try to get together next weekend for some testing? I've got 4 new boats ready for abuse.

Brian Buaas

Thanks Brian, I really don't know how many bolts, the pic is all I was given other than

it is a Rossi 3.5.

Yeah 'bout the testing,,4 Boat's! man you busy,,,I'll get ahold of Jim Hill and see if we can

all get out there.

Last edited by a moderator:

good to use.
Yeah it's a pretty good running motor. It likes to turn a lot of rpms though so a smaller prop works best. I have one as a backup to my nova rossi only because the nova will turn a bigger prop. Both the motor and lower unit are availible from hyperprod.com. I haven't seen that 3.5 unit run but the upscaled 7.5 version run well and helps a little into and off the corners compared to a K&B.

~Mitch

Its a bullet drive from hyperprod.I got the angle drive from them and its a big disspointment.Since I live so far away from U.S I dare not try anymore lower unit except K&B lower.Its a 4 bolt powerhead.Fit directly into the K&B lower.

Its a bullet drive from hyperprod.I got the angle drive from them and its a big disspointment.Since I live so far away from U.S I dare not try anymore lower unit except K&B lower.Its a 4 bolt powerhead.Fit directly into the K&B lower.
Why did you not like the angle drive? I had been looking at it as an alternative lower. It appears to be of pretty good construction. Curious as to why it didn't work for you. Anyone else try this lower?

~Mitch

I don't know why it didn't work.I have tried various setup on the Top Speed2 and its just doesn't get on speed and the turning is terrible.All the while I thought is the Rossi doesn't give the performance as claimed.I was about to give up on the engine and finally just mount it on the K&B lower and I was shock on he performance.That was advise buy a few guys from this forum.As on the question why it doesn't perfrm I really don't know.I do not have a lawless over here but it is ver similiar to the OS lower.Maybe you can start a topic and see is there anyone out there have the same problem or a solution to it.

Mitchell

I have one here... im not to to thrilled with it.. its a nice looking unit and somebody put alot of work into the part.. but the skeg is all wrong.. If you grind off the skeg and make a new one ...bolt it on.. you have a chance..

Grim

Mitchell

I have one here... im not to to thrilled with it.. its a nice looking unit and somebody put alot of work into the part.. but the skeg is all wrong.. If you grind off the skeg and make a new one ...bolt it on.. you have a chance..

Grim
Nah, nevermind. I think that I'll just stick to the Lawless. It runs great right out of the box. No modifications needed. Thanks guys.

~Mitch

Grim you have a PM :ph34r:

"I think that is all stuff from Hyperformance. I know the lower is on the hyperprod web site (bullet drive?) but I can't tell you anything about it. Is it a 4 or 6 bolt powerhead? That's all I can tell you from the pic."

Brian Buaas

HEY BRIAN,

I found out that the Rossi power head has 6 bolts in the head.

My Rossi, nightmare. My Billet lower, junk. It's way to heavy the skeg is poorly designed and is hard on the flex shafts.

My Rossi, nightmare. My Billet lower, junk. It's way to heavy the skeg is poorly designed and is hard on the flex shafts.
Thanks Rodney, I have never owned a Rossi OB so I couldn't help this young feller that bought the thing.

I have been helping him with his TT/ TS2 combo thru e-mails, which is running well. He just wanted to

try somethin' else I guess,,you know kid's :lol:

Would you know about parts availability for this power head?

I ran a Rossi for two years before I got a Mac. It was a reliable engine with very conservative timing in stock form. I added around 1,500 rpm with an air cooled head and other mods, but the Mac is faster. Rudy Formanek runs one in District 9 that is very fast. I have a nearly complete, new Rossi power head if you need backup parts.

Lohring Miller

I ran a Rossi for two years before I got a Mac. It was a reliable engine with very conservative timing in stock form. I added around 1,500 rpm with an air cooled head and other mods, but the Mac is faster. Rudy Formanek runs one in District 9 that is very fast. I have a nearly complete, new Rossi power head if you need backup parts.

Lohring Miller
I remember that Rossi Lohring, but I would rather "massage" his TT for him instead of straightening out that Rossi, But I suppose I could make it run too :blink:

That Rossi powerhead is still available from Hyperprod, though the current version may be a 4 bolt head. Hyperprod also carries/stocks the parts for 'em. I almost grabbed that same engine your friend did the eBay buy it now on... The price was pretty good, I thought. Instead though, I snagged this Rossi auction from the same seller: Rossi 45. BTW- while I've got no experience with TT engines, I think the Rossi is very well made...

Duane

Latest posts

Back