AIR TRAP question

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SayMikey

Ive looked on the IMPBA site and all i see for scale,sport 40 and sport 20 boats,is width and depth restrictions. Is there a length restriction in any of the orgs? thanks Mikey

Ive looked on the IMPBA site and all i see for scale,sport 40 and sport 20 boats,is width and depth restrictions. Is there a length restriction in any of the orgs? thanks Mikey
Other than the 25% rule on the sports and the + or - rule on the lenght and beam on the scales. I have not seen found or seen anything in writing for the IMPBA. Now namba and the apba look at couple other measurements on the scale side. I am not sure on the sport side of things.

Last edited:
Mikey,

The IMPBA rules have no mention of airtrap length, only depth and width. Many boats have full length air traps that run from the rear of the sponson to the transom. Some are straight and some step up like the Dumas U-1 kit. Although the Dumas kits are a bit outdated, I would not want to create a rule that would prohibit anyone from using them.

Back