Aeromarine sport 40 mods

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ken Webb

Any one on here have any photo's of mods made to the AM40? Greatly appreciate any help I can get. Got the boat,motor,radio, fuel and time to play. Just have to find a lake and maybe some help since I'm a lone wolf so to speak.

Your best mod would be to switch everything into a Phil Thomas, Blazer, Mutt or AC hull.

Aeromarine makes many great hulls. Unfortunately the Sport 40 Shadow isn't one of them.

Any one on here have any photo's of mods made to the AM40? Greatly appreciate any help I can get. Got the boat,motor,radio, fuel and time to play. Just have to find a lake and maybe some help since I'm a lone wolf so to speak.
Hi Ken,

I personal love this hull I will admit it did take me a lil time to get her dialed in but once I got her set up right it was a great perfomer imo. Heres my modz I drop the .45 and placed a ops .67 in it put a speed master 20 hydro strut on it and aeromarine machine rudder (the long 1).The trick with this hull like any hydro is the turn fin idk who make this fin I'm using , but I tried several an this one fin just was it. It made a night and day difference I will post pic when I get a chance if your interested yes I know it can't be race in some class but if you just wanna run for fun give it a try.

Being used as a fun run and trainer at this time. It's been 20+ yrs since I've had a boat in the water. Thought this would be a good start. Gott AA 45 for power.

In that case Ken, go out and have fun with it. :D Don't bother chopping it up. Keep the back light and move as much of the weight up front as you can.

Just be aware that it will NEVER be competitive if you plan on racing it against other Sport 40's such as the Phil Thomas hull.

As for dropping a 67 in it for a quick fix ... well ... you might aswell spend the money on a new hull instead of a new engine. Plus, a 67 is not allowed in the Sport 40 class if you ever decide to get into racing.

Good luck with the project and happy boating.

Back