Aeromarine Shadow sport 40

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ken Webb

Has anyone had any luck running one of these? I've had one for some time and am debating on if its worth finishing. Fun run only. What problems can I expect? Any help greatly appreciated.

I have raced one of mine as an FE oval heat racer (Q Sport) and hold the NAMBA SAW record for T Sport Hydro with another hull (I set that running 6S, will up the record substantially - I hope - running 8S and 10S next month). It is competitive with modern hulls like the PT-SS45 and Whiplash although it does not drive like they do. I added ride pads, cut off the air traps and hung a large turn fin way out at the edge of the right sponson. It turns pretty well now, just have to wait for the Whip etc. to go a bit wide on exiting the turn and then get inside and blast past. It is very fast in the straights, I've gotten 70 mph on the GPS during heat races. I have won - and lost - a lot of heats racing against the modern hulls.