AC Sp 40

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

shawdaddy

I need a little help. I have an AC SP 40 with the fuel tank in the left front sponson. I think that I'm having a fuel draw problem. My question is that in my riggers I've run a 2 tank system for years, If I run a 2 tank system and mount the tanks behind the motor how bad will this effect my C/G. Also have any of you had this problem with this boat. It looks like it has potential but this is starting to aggrevate the heck out of me. Thanks for any help or ideas that yall can give. Ryon Shaw

I run the same boat but i have a metal tank in front of the engine no problems so far, i did have it with it in the sponson. Robert

i had this boat before my whiplash and ran two 8oz plastic tanks in front the engine, no problem with fuel for heat racing, if set up with the pick up in the lower left corner(when looking from the rear of the boat) you should never worry about fuel draw

Last edited by a moderator:
we ran the ac boat with the tank in the left sponson and a hopper in front of the motor. no feed problems at all. good luck.

I guess I should have added that it is a front radio box setup. I have a 1 oz tank I will add to see if it helps the problem. Thanks for the replys, Ryon

I guess I should have added that it is a front radio box setup. I have a 1 oz tank I will add to see if it helps the problem. Thanks for the replys, Ryon
now this a is a different game all together where is your main tank? check the pick up location that may be where your problem is

Hey Ryon, first off did you get the carbon I sent you yet? Also, I took the tank out of the sponson on my AC Pro 40II, and put a round 1 oz. under the right motor mount and a 10 oz right behind the motor mount. I did this for optimum CG and for good weight transfer. But what I would like to see is some of the front radio box AC hull tank set ups. If any of the people who have them or that responded to this thread either post their pics or email them to me at [email protected]. I am not trying to hijack your thread as it will be helpful to you and all others who run these hulls!

Thanks,

Cliff

I have the main tank in the left sponson on its side(its oval)with the pickup tube in the far left side if te tank. I am going to add a 2oz tank and put it in front of the motor. I hope this helps my problem. I will be a while before I get to test it out but I think this may do the trick. Thanks for all the help and info guys. Ryon Shaw

P.S. Cliff I still have not received the carbon fiber yet, maybe tommorrow.

Latest posts

Back