AC Pro 40 Set-up Help

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mike Laing

I'm going to be building the first version of Andy's pro 40. Can anyone give me some set-up info: radio box location, fuel tank location or important lesson's learned. Thanks, Mike

I'm going to be building the first version of Andy's pro 40. Can anyone give me some set-up info: radio box location, fuel tank location or important lesson's learned. Thanks, Mike
MIke contact Brian Watts @ ROCKETCITYRACING.com He & Scott have them running as fast As any one in the country. he Also sells a Nice turn fin kit & bracket for it, that will be required. Enjoy it! it is a Great boat with 1st class Glass work.....

I had 3 of the first version hulls....The last one was the best......Mac 45, X-646/3, 2-4 ounce tanks up front, radio box under the pipe and as close to the flywheel as possible. Strut as low as you can go, about 1-1/8" to the bottom and strut as far back as the rules will allow. Keep the one drive dog length behind the transom. This enables the hull to launch very easily. Pipe at 10-3/8". Make sure the turn fin is set straight as the sponson backs where the bracket mounts are out of whack. I ran plexiglass ride pads, 1/16" on the bottom of the sponsons. Check the sponson bottoms as they will not be flat. The plexiglass ride pads correct this.

If I was doing another, I would have the radio box up front, tanks in the middle, sump tank at the carb.

Hope this helps.....

Also, I would re-inforce the nose area in the cowl.....It will break when the boat blows off the water and hits upside down on landing, or is that 'crashing' into the water..... :blink:

Be sure to add floatation in the hull as well......I used those little foam peanuts and popped them through the drain holes at the transom.....untill the hull was filled. Its a good project sitting on the couch pushing foam peanuts in the hull while watching NHL hockey...... :p

Also, I would re-inforce the nose area in the cowl.....It will break when the boat blows off the water and hits upside down on landing, or is that 'crashing' into the water..... :blink:

Be sure to add floatation in the hull as well......I used those little foam peanuts and popped them through the drain holes at the transom.....untill the hull was filled. Its a good project sitting on the couch pushing foam peanuts in the hull while watching NHL hockey...... :p
Joe and Duck Thank You both for the responce with such valuable information

Back