96 DeWalt bottom

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bob Howard

I cut out all my pieces to start assembly but when I went to the side view of Roger Newtons plans I noticed that the bottom was different than the parts I cut out. The parts cut out will make a flat bottom and in the side view the center section drops down lower towards the cowl. I would like to know the correct bottom before I build my jig to build.

Thanks,

Bob

:(

I cut out all my pieces to start assembly but when I went to the side view of Roger Newtons plans I noticed that the bottom was different than the parts I cut out. The parts cut out will make a flat bottom and in the side view the center section drops down lower towards the cowl. I would like to know the correct bottom before I build my jig to build.

Thanks,

Bob

:(

The lowered belly pan is accurate for the boat. THE BELLY PAN IS NOT THE FULL WIDTH OF THE COCKPIT/ENGINE BAY What I'm doing with a 1999 Madison is using 1/8th ply for the belly pan sides and extending the rear bottom forwad along the bottom of the belly pan sides.

Does anyone have a picture of the bottom of this hull, Iwould like to get it glear in my mind before I build my jig. I have lots of pictures but none show the bottom.

The flat part of the bottom where the strut mounts is longer on his side view also

Thanks,

Bob

If I'm ready your request correctly. I would use the center stringers (the two center pieces that run from the transom to the nose that make up the center engine bay) that you have already cut out and use those to set up the angles for your jig. Then when you have glued the hull together and remove it from the jig, you come back and cut a hole in your jig and build you belly pan. This way your hull stays true during the assembly and glueing.

Last edited by a moderator:
I know I will have to do an engine well. Attacted is a poor drawing of what I am talking about

Bob

I know I will have to do an engine well. Attacted is a poor drawing of what I am talking about
Bob
From the tramsom forward it is 7' flat then it is 14.5 degs to the bow blocks. Rear shoes were on the outside of the center section.. I seen and walked on the bottom of this hull many times and put the stuffing tub and strut a time or two. Doug

Back