88 Miller High Life U-31 Hull Question

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ray Barnes

I just recieved my plans from Roger newton yeserday. I'm a little confused on the rear transome area. The paint scheme plan seems to be more up to date then the framing sheet. I realize this hull (#8700) was used on a number of boats. The area I'm talking about is the spot where the vertical fins extend past the transom. The framing sheet shows the transom to be straight across and the paint sheet shows an extension on each side of the transom for the wings to sit more rear ward. I'm trying to get a photo of the real boat to see what is correct. Has anyone built this hull or the 88 or 89 Circus Circus. Also on the paint plan it shows a exstension going down on each side of the hull near the transom. Is this supposed to be on this hull. The framing sheet doesn't show any reference to this. I know the framing sheet is just a general idea, but if these features are in the hull I will have to make the appropriate changes to the cut out pieces. Thanks

This boat did have extensions on the transom. You will need to make small extensions of the sponson canoes past the transom under the verts. Do your plans show any rear shoes on the Miller? Because the 89 Circus had shoes and small lip that extended past the transom that runs the length of the transom between the extesions with a spray step over the strut and prop. The pics I have of the Miller are all in the but I'll pull up some video I have to see if I can see any shoes on it.

Send me your email address and I'll send you pics. Might be a couple of days as I'm leaving for a race later today.

The shoes appear in the side view on the paint sheet but don't appear in any of the other build sheets. Are you going to be in your office later. I'll give you a call. My email is [email protected]. Thanks for your help.

I'm heading out the door right now for a race but if you call me at my office number it will forward to my cell. 209-333-2306

Back